Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

24 Hour Caregiver

This morning as my wife and I were driving to trim some roses for a customer, we began to verbally confess a variety of scriptures that reveal God’s will concerning healing, peace, and the casting of our cares upon the Lord.  When we came to I Peter 5:7, you know the verse where the Apostle Peter told his readers to “Cast all your cares upon Him for He cares for you,” (King James Version) I stopped in mid-sentence and shared with my wife the revelation that had just hit me, that Jesus is our 24 hour caregiver!”

That truth took what I shared yesterday about my need to reassess my position as the 24 hour caregiver for my wife, and put it into the proper perspective.  The previous day’s photo album incident caused me to realize that I had been depending way too much on my own abilities and strength to care for my wife.  When my strength began to wane, so did my attitude toward the one I love.

Philippians 4:13 is a scripture that goes hand in hand with 1 Peter 5:7.  It says that “I can do all things through Christ which strengthenth me.” (King James Version)  The key words here are “through Christ.”  In other words, His strength doesn’t come unless I cast my cares upon Him.  Unlike me or you who will get weary and yield to the pressures beating down the door, He is the ultimate caregiver.  He is always present, always willing, always able and is always encouraging to those for whom He cares for.

Wow… pretty simple isn’t it?  That’s one of His jobs and He performs it with a passion.  The lesson then, is to not wait until you’re about to collapse from weariness and stress, but to begin the course of each new day by “casting ALL your cares upon Him for He cares (24/7) for you!”  (I Peter 5:7 – parenthesis mine)

I got it… how about you?  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What (good things) am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.