Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Recognition


Oh what a glorious day!  When I went into our bedroom earlier this morning to wake up my wife, I said good morning and cracked open the blinds at the same time.  As soon as the sun light peeked through the blinds she awoke with a start, turned and gave me a big smile of recognition!  Ah!  I love it when the day starts like this!
I think I must have felt like our Father God does when we give Him a nod of recognition when everything around us is demanding that we acknowledge it instead!  Jesus knew this when He helped Jairus to keep his trust in Him and His abilities rather than in the natural truth that was presented to him.  Matthew 5:36 tells us that As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, ‘Be not afraid, only believe.’” (KJV)  According to the original language, when Jesus heard, He was actually considering what was said, or “perceiving the sense of what is said.” (Thayer’s)
I am sure that He quickly took into account that the report given by those who had been at the synagogue leader’s daughter’s bedside, was a fact in the natural realm of existence.  But He also knew the power of the Kingdom of God which He represented on this earth.  As Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary puts it, “If a man can but believe, he has no reason to fear; for what is it that almighty power cannot do? …faith in it surmounts difficulties which are insuperable (ie; incapable of being passed over – Dictionary.com) to carnal sense and reason.”
Jesus overheard what was said, but did not consider it to have any relevance to the solution Jairus was seeking… and He made an immediate effort to remind Jairus of that point.  Luke seems to amplify this thought as he adds detail to Mark’s version of the story saying that the people who had gathered at the Jairus’ house were “all weeping and beating themselves for her…and they were deriding him (Jesus), knowing that she did die.” (Literal Translation of the Bible)  They had physical proof of what they considered the hopelessness of the situation and the absurdity of what He was proposing to do!
Have you ever faced an event in your life like that?  I have and currently am!  And what has helped me the most when the crowds are weeping and pointing out the physical facts to me is to “put them all out” (whether in my mind or sometimes in the physical…) and concentrate fully on Jesus’ Word on the subject!   I have discovered that when I am alone in the presence of Jesus (and of those of like faith) it is much easier to see Jesus take her (or whatever the situation is) by the hand and call out, saying ‘Little girl arise!’ (See Luke 8:53-54)
So, as my wife instantly recognized me this morning, I would encourage each of you to get yourself so stuffed with the Word of God that even when the natural facts say defeat, you ignore them and recognize the limitless power of God for your situation!  Have a great day.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… What or Whom am I expecting today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.