Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, June 26, 2014

A Glorious Day!


We woke up this morning to a glorious North Carolina day!  As I opened the windows in the living room that look out on our patio, I noticed that the outdoor thermometer read in the mid-sixties and I observed a slight breeze twitching at the branches and leaves in the multitude of trees that line our back view.  A little later on as I took the dog out, I stood in breezeway at the entrance to our apartment home and soaked in the freshness of the new day.  Ah… what a great day to be alive!
While I read from Jesus’ words in John 8:55 I realized that for me, it is my knowing Papa God, that gives me the peaceful and firm foundation that allows me to enjoy the life that we live today!  Jesus, in commenting on the ugly mood that the Jewish leaders were in, stated, “Yet you haven’t known him.  However, I know him and do what he says.” (God’s Word ©)  The Literal Translation of the Holy Bible says “I know him, and I keep his word.”  I think the word “keep” better explains the thought behind the statement.  It infers “to guard from loss, to prevent from escaping” or “to keep one in the state in which he is” (Strong’s/Thayer’s)
So Jesus was saying that He not only obeys the Word, but He works to keep it active for and in Him by staying in such a place where He does not change who He is.  He constantly watches over what is in Him, and who He is because of that Word He has received.  It is because of that “adventurously expectant” attitude (see Romans 8:15 MSG) that Jesus kept His head and His joy, even when those around Him did not!  It is also why I can afford to be happy even in the midst of the battlefield my wife and I find ourselves on!  
2 Thessalonians 2:15-17 instructs us to “take a firm stand, feet on the ground and head high.  Keep a tight grip on what you were taught, whether in personal conversation or by our letter.  May Jesus himself and God our Father, who reached out in love and surprised you with gifts of unending help and confidence, put a fresh heart in you, invigorate your work, enliven your speech.” (The Message Bible)
Well, I can’t think of better advice, and a better way to start my day!  So keep this in mind!  Protect the Word that’s inside you, be who He says you are and have a great and glorious day!  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What or Whom am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.