Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, July 28, 2011

“To Be or Not To Be…”

Let’s go a little deeper into the subject of something NEW that we have been discussing over the last few days…  Colossians 2:10 says that “God has made you COMPLETE in Christ.”  (Gods Word ©) Is that how you see yourself as a Christian?  Do you view yourself as “Being Complete” or as one who is “Becoming Complete” in Christ?  It’s all a simple matter of perspective, but yet it is the life altering point from which we live and experience our lives from!

This morning as I was studying the Word, and meditating on this question, I experienced the stark reality that even though I believe in and have been taught this truth in Bible School and for the past 28 years in the churches I have attended, that I have not always lived with this as the filter for my every thought, decision and action that I have taken.  Especially now, with the attack upon my wife’s health.

Yesterday as I was walking by myself through a local mall, I suddenly was struck with the fear of what it would be like to be living my life without my wife at my side.  As I viewed two couples walking with their arms wrapped around each other, the thought of being “incomplete” rose up inside me.  As I looked up to the ceiling and shook that picture away, the Lord spoke to me and reminded me that I am already “complete” in Him!  It’s kind of like my wife is the thick, rich, luscious icing on the top of the already delicious cake!

So what is the viewpoint or "the grid” from which you base the daily decisions and corresponding actions of faith in your life?  Do you choose to “BE” or are you working toward “BECOMING”?  The Bible seems to make it clear that we ARE partakers of His divine nature because we have been given “all things that pertain to life and godliness.” 
(2 Peter 1:3-4 NKJV)

So while I can’t say that I am a big fan of William Shakespeare, his famous words from the play “Hamlet” written in the 1600’s do strike a nerve with the question that each of us must ask ourselves… “To be or not to be, that is the question…”  Stay tuned and keep asking yourselves… “What NEW things am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.