Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, July 21, 2011

GO!

Early this morning I was re-reading the scripture that we talked about in my previous post from Nehemiah 8:10.  After I wrote the verse down I paused, kicked back in my desk chair and looked back over my notes.  I didn’t get any further than the first word that I had written which was the command to “Go!”  It was like a blinking red light at a four way intersection.  That’s it… The Lord is telling us in this verse that the responsibility is all ours!

Everything that I discussed with you yesterday is dependent on the depth of our resolve to GO for it!  Some of you may have read the post and thought that I might be a little fanatical.  Maybe it’s just because you’ve never resolved to GO that far with the Lord…

Hummm… a party like experience every time you spend time in the Word?  Is it really possible?  I have to admit, I believe that it is.  I have been a student of the Pentecostal revival that occurred at the end of the 1800’s and early 1900’s and of the healing revival that swept our nation in the late 1940’s and 1950’s.  Lately, I have been reading about the revivals that took place in the American Colonies just before the Revolutionary War.  And they all have the same things in common.  The men and women who were the known leaders of these phenomenal moves of God were on fire with a zeal for Him that extended into every area of their lives… from the first thing in the morning until they finally settled down for the night, only a few hours before they arose again!  They were people like the Wesley brothers, George Whitefield, Francis Asbury, Charles Finney, Dwight L. Moody, Smith Wigglesworth, John G. Lake, William J. Seymour, Maria Woodworth–Etter, Aimee Simple McPherson, William Branham, and Oral Roberts, just to mention a few. *

Their zeal fueled revivals that are still felt today!  … And they started out as just regular men and women like you and me!  In fact, some of them were in pretty bad physical and/or emotional shape before they made the decision to GO all for the Master.  So… if you’re thinking like I am thinking… If they can do it, so can I - and so can YOU!

Take Ezra’s and Nehemiah’s command to heart then, and  Go, eat of the fat of the Lord and drink of the sweet living water of the Holy Spirit and then allow yourself to overflow into the lives of others!”  (Nehemiah 8:10 Gods Word © with a little personalization on my behalf!)  Wow… just think about the possibilities!  You could be another Billy Graham!

So, once again, I encourage you to “GO!”  Take one day at a time, but set your determination to not stop until the fire of your life can be seen and felt from any direction and from any individual!

Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What GREAT things am I expecting today!”



* I realize that some of these individuals were active in ministry in times that may not fit exactly into the dates that I mention here, but they were definitely extensions of these revival periods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.