Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, July 25, 2011

Keeping Up With Technolgy

Well, I finally got fed up with my old cell phone and it’s unlimited everything package that kept dropping the second half of many of my incoming text messages and had spotty coverage.  I feel like I finally made it to the modern age as I relented and purchased a iPhone.  What a difference!  Even though I have had it for less than one day, I can already see how the more efficient system, faster speed and multiplicity of capabilities will assist me in my daily life.

I am amazed when I come in contact with people who still don’t have cell phones, or if they have them, they barely ever use them.  Many times they make a comment that says something like, “Well I did fine without one for fifty years, why do I need one now!”

This reminds me of the individuals who have been in the same place of growth in their Christian walk for many years.  Hebrews 10:20 says that “Jesus has opened a new and living way…”  (Gods Word ©)  His ways are not old and stagnant but new, alive and fresh, and this is the way that He expects us to live our daily lives in Him!  There are always new and deeper paths to His greater glory for us to investigate. 

I can vividly remember the first sermon that our new Pastor gave to our young and fledgling congregation many years ago.  He stated how the Bible has many layers to it.  That the more you read (and re-read) it, the more revelation that will be unveiled to you.  Many times the traditions of men and the traditions of churches hinder the new places that our Master wants us to move on into.

I encourage you at the beginning of this new week, to not allow the traditions that you have been raised up with to stop you from moving on in the things of the Spirit.  Be open to the leadings of the Spirit as He gently nudges you on to experience the greater adventures that He has planned for you to do and “To Be”!  Remember… the next great move of God could very well be “YOU!”

Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What GREAT NEW THINGS am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.