Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, June 6, 2011

Today's Weather

Well, I awoke this morning to another dark, dreary and dismal day… and here it is the beginning of June.  I got to thinking at breakfast about all the crazy weather we’ve been having across the United States.  I live in northern California, and have come to expect sunny, rain free and warm weather from the end of April into October.  But, not this year!  We’ve had rain and overcast conditions on and off for months now.  There were even some recent tornado warnings in both northern and southern California, and it was snowing at Tahoe last week!  Strange… really strange!

As I was discussing this with my wife around her bowl of cereal and my fried egg and toast with a hot cup of coffee in hand, I glanced down at my open Bible that I had placed near my plate and instantly was reminded about Hebrews 13:8.  I turned the pages of the book to that scripture and read aloud: “Jesus Christ never changes.  He is the same yesterday, today and forever.”  (CEV)

What a comforting thought that is to know.  A quick glance out my sliding window is all I need to remind myself about how quickly things that you depend on can change.  I used to quote that old adage about “the only thing that is constant is change,” but you know, that’s not entirely true when it comes to the anchor of God’s Word.  The truths in His Word are always a constant in our lives!

Paul knew this fact as he was suffering in prison and wrote the book of Philippians to cheer up his readers.  In chapter four he talks about his lack of want and says that “I’ve learned to be content in whatever situation I’m in.” (Hebrews 4:11 Gods Word ©)  He then accents his point by stating “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me,” and that “my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”  (Philippians 4:13 & 19 KJV)  Paul depended on the Word of his Master and definitely NOT on the weather or the circumstances that came across his daily paths in life, or on anything else for that matter!

While this is a simple and basic foundation of our faith, I think that it is good for us to be reminded of it from time to time.  Philippians 4:19 was the first scripture that I ever stood on in faith as a very young Christian, many years ago, and yet it is one I continually come back to and grow in it’s understanding, purpose and power!

Today’s a good day to take a stand on faith in the truth of God’s Word, no matter what your area’s weather pattern is like!  Do you have a need today?  Then, take a few moments, explore God’s Word and find a scripture promise that meets that need and stand on it in faith.  (see Hebrews 11:1)  Expect that need met as you cast your care upon the One who will fulfill it according to His Word.  Have a great day as your expectations soar, your joy is increased and the praise of our Father God emanates from your lips!

Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.