Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, June 10, 2011

Remembering...

This morning at breakfast, as I was reading Psalm 23 aloud for my wife, I came to a sudden stop when I completed verse three.  The New Living Bible concludes this section by stating:  “He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to His name.”  What caused me the rapid hesitation were the words that came to my mind as I read “bringing honor to my name.”  Those words were from deep inside and rang out with clarity saying “That means remembering to thank Me."

At that point I went off onto a little mental rabbit trail as I began to see a scene from the old Disney movie Pollyanna when the Pastor of the community church in Harrington gives a short sermon the day after learning the lesson of looking for the good in people.  At the completion of the shockingly short and poignant homily, Pastor Ford (played by Karl Malden) tells the congregation to go out and enjoy the beautiful day.  He then pauses and encourages them to also remember The One who made all that beauty.  (A bit of trivia:  Many scenes from that movie of and around the Aunt’s mansion were filmed right here in Santa Rosa, California!  The mansion is still standing among some of the older more prestigious homes in our downtown area and is currently going through another renovation!)

So on this beautiful northern California Friday afternoon, I also encourage you to do what that little voice inside me said, as well as that line from that old 1960 movie.  In the midst of your enjoying the fruits of the community where you are this weekend, remember to take some time to thank the Lord for all the goodness and loving kindness that He has sent your way.  Thank Him for the beautiful trees, the green lawns, the fragrant flowers and the bright blue sky.  Then give Him the glory for saving you and giving you “a new and living way to go through the curtain,” (Hebrews 10:20 Gods Word ©) directly up to the holy throne of God for your personal appointments with Him anytime day or night!

Have a wonderful weekend!  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What (good things) am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.