Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

You Never Have To Be Alone

My wife and I just returned from a walk around the little lake that is in the midst of our housing community.  It is a very picturesque area surrounded by tall pine and redwood trees, green lawns, park benches and is complete with a small meandering creek flowing along one side.  The lake is also home to four ducks.  There are three mallards that normally stick together and one large white fellow that at times will venture off by himself to forage on the lawns or along the creek bank.  The white duck seems to have taken on the role of the protector of the flock.  Anytime that we have ventured near the three mallards during our frequent walks, Mr. White will approach us and put on his most ferocious face while hissing loudly at us…  That is unless we have our dog Mandie with us!  When he sees our fifty pound Australian Shepherd approaching, Mr. White does an immediate about face and waddles quickly off into the lake or any other way that will distance him from the black beast!  (The funny part is that Mandie hardly even takes notice of him.  She just keeps on walking, seemingly oblivious to his presence as she sniffs the ground and vegetation along our pathway!)

This regularly repeating scenario got me to thinking about life in general and how others see us.  Sometimes when we walk alone along the paths of life we can become the potential prey of unscrupulous individuals, but when we walk those same paths with someone bigger than ourselves, those who would desire to take advantage of us might just have second thoughts.  As a believer in the Christian faith, my foundation tells me that I never walk alone.  The very last sentence in the first book of the New Testament encourages me to “remember that I am always with you until the end of time.” (Matthew 28:20 Gods Word©) I also have a church family that is there to support and hold me up in times of need.  What about you and your foundation?  Can you say the same thing? 

Now, don’t get me wrong here.  I’m not trying to compare my foundation to my big, black dog, but I think you can get the picture that I’m trying to paint!  When strolling around our lake, I know that I won’t be harassed by the duck when Mandie is with me, but more importantly is the security in knowing that as I traverse the paths of life in this world, that someone greater than me is by my side and I never walk alone.  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.