Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Never Give Up!

Gee, today is 1/11/11.  Seems like there should be some significance to that date!  If you know of any, please add a comment to this posting or send me an email at pastorjim@what areyouexpecting.org.  Whether there is any stated significance or not, I am planning on this to be a special day non-the-less!  It is supposed to rain any moment, and I do not have any outside yard jobs scheduled for my part time yard and garden business.  So I plan to work on the blog, and then spend some precious time with my wife!  Sounds great doesn’t it?

I am also excited today that I get to talk with my daughter in Oklahoma tonight.  For many years throughout her childhood and teens she studied ballet.  When she felt led to go to Bible school, she put her love and ambitions for ballet on hold so she could concentrate on her ministry  studies.  Now that school is complete, she has felt the release to continue on with the development of her dance skills and to see what the future may hold for her in this field.

Have you ever had to put a dream on hold, never to see it come to fruition?  This occurs to many of us.  The events of life seem to take over and before you know it, the dream is just a distant memory.  Don’t let this happen to you.  It is never too late to see your dreams through to completion.  Like my daughter, you may have to put your plans on the shelf for a while, but keep the dream, expectation or vision alive inside of you while you pursue the current priorities in life. 

The Bible says: “Where there is no vision, the people perish…” (Proverbs 29:18 King James Version)  Don’t allow that part of you to perish as you walk along the paths of life.  Write it down and tape it where you can see it everyday.  Another scripture that speaks about having a vision tells the reader to: “…Write it out in big block letters so that it can be read on the run.” (Habakkuk 2:2 “The Message”)  Keep it ever before you and don’t let it go, even if it takes years before it materializes.  I waited 20+ years to go to Bible School, and as I look back now, I can see that it was God’s perfect timing for me and our younger children.  Once again, dream big, write it down, post it in front of your face and NEVER give up on it!  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself…”What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.