Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, January 10, 2011

Look For The Good!

I woke up this morning to a beautiful blue sky filled with puffy white clouds.  It reminded me of our three year stay in Oklahoma when I attended Bible school.  While I am not particularly beholding to the Oklahoma weather, I have to admit that they have some of the most gorgeous blue skies and spectacular cloud formations that I have ever seen… of course, they are usually accompanied by terrific downpours with thunder and lightning storms that can make your hair stand up straight!

You know what… there is a lesson in that.  There is usually something positive that you can find in just about any situation.  Like I said before, I was not very fond of the weather in Oklahoma.  To a guy that’s lived his whole life in temperate northern California, 45 minutes from the beach, Tulsa’s weather was a shock!  Hot and humid during the summer with cold and icy winds in the winter.  Believe me, after three years, I was ready to come home! 

But, today’s picturesque view out our tall window in our stairwell, did stir up fond remembrances of our stay.  It made me think of the wonderful and life changing time at Rhema Bible Training Center, the many good friendships from school and work, that first snow, and of course, the outrageous skies that we hardly see in our part of California.  So even though I was ready to point the car west in a moments notice, that experience is now a vital part of my life that I would not change!

So what am I trying to say… Look for the good in life everyday.  Find something to be happy about and let that memory form a positive outlook in you. Then pass that blessing on to somebody else.  Most people I know like to hang around with positive, happy people.  Who knows?  You just might be that one good thing in somebody’s life today!  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.