Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, January 21, 2011

Free Yourself To Be Adventurous

Well, it’s Friday again and oh… what a glorious day it is!  Do you have any special plans for the weekend?  I have to admit, that I did not follow through on my plans last night to celebrate our recent victory.  But, don’t give up on me yet.  Since the weather is supposed to be real nice through the weekend, my wife and I are planning to pack a lunch and  head out to the coast right after church! 

Our local coast line has always been a bit of a haven for me and our family through the years.  While I am not particularly enthused about camping out there, it has been the locale for many one day respites.  We enjoy it all…the salty air, beautiful waves, fresh crisp smell, and yes… even the pesky seagulls!  I’ve even been known to drive out there by myself with my camera and a note book.  I have written songs while gazing out across the horizon, found solutions to difficult questions, and released a whole lot of stress as I walked between the surging waters that spread up the beach as the successive waves pounded the shoreline.

No matter where you live, there has to be a place where you can steal away for a few moments to regain your mastery over the immediate situations that arise each day.  While living in Oklahoma we discovered a small nature reserve just minutes from our house.  It became a weekly (sometimes daily!) place for us to walk or drive to, in order to simply enjoy the trees and wild life that seemed to be evident everywhere we turned your eyes.

Be free to be adventurous this weekend!  Pull out a local map and search for that special, close by, place of retreat for you and your family to escape to.  While we enjoy the nature scene, you might prefer antique stores, or that funky coffee house at the corner shopping area.  Whatever it is, I challenge you to find it, and then frequent it.  Allow yourself the pleasure of a few minutes of distraction, then suck it in and face your world with a new found resolution!  Stay tuned, and keep asking yourself…”What am I expecting today?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.