Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Force To Be Reckoned With!

*  “Oh, how inexhaustible are God’s resources and God’s wisdom and God’s knowledge! How impossible it is to search into His decrees or trace His footsteps!” 

Isn’t it a comforting realization to understand the fact that our Heavenly Father, our very source of light and life, has made available to us His resources that will never come to an end.  He will never experience a recession or a depression. There is never any lack or need.  He is just as strong, able and willing at the end of the month as He is at the beginning.  Deuteronomy 31:6 says that “He will not fail you nor forsake you.”  (Modern King James Version)

As I was studying this fact as declared in Romans 11:33 this morning, I began to think about as to why this is so.  Then the little light in my spirit clicked on and I saw that it is because of His love for us. (Like Duh... right!!)  The Gods Word translation of this verse states that “God’s riches, wisdom and knowledge are so deep that it is impossible to explain his decisions or to understand his ways.”  The Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown Commentary explains that His ways are “the method by which He carries these (His decisions) into effect.”  His decisions are always led and fed by His love and compassion for His children.  I honestly believe that He meets our needs at times, without even thinking about what He is doing. His overwhelming love just compels Him to respond with His best for us.

A couple of years ago when the full understanding of my wife’s diagnosis came to light, I personally experienced a vivid example of this type of God’s love.  Soon after the information was known, a couple of my wife’s close relatives related their concerns to a mutual friend as well as to a few of our children, that they didn’t know if I would even stay with her in her time of need.  When I heard of this comment I was physically dumbfounded and shocked!  The thought of leaving my wife has never, ever entered into my consciousness.  My only sense of direction has and continues to be on helping her in whatever way, shape or form that I possibly can!   When this comment was repeated once again to our son this last summer, I was incredulous at to how such a thought could even be considered after the forty one plus years that I have been a member of their family!  My devotion, care and concern for the love of my life has always been at the foremost of my thoughts throughout the many years that we have been together.  In fact, I was confiding in my youngest son just last night, that I have been questioning lately if my relationship with my wife has not been of greater emphasis over the years than with that of my relationship with God!

My love and unquestioning commitment to assist her with my best resources (and whatever else is available to us) is a similar example of God’s “everlasting, unchangeable, and invariable love toward His elect in Christ Jesus” (See: John Gill’s commentary on 1John 4:4) God is the very essence of love (I John 4:4) His nature compels Him to assist us when we callout to Him.  When we make mistakes and repent, He is quick to pick us up, brush us off and pour out His love upon us.

This foundational truth of our relationship with God gives me a greater understanding of what Moses meant when he instructed Joshua to “Be strong and courageous!  Do not tremble or be terrified, because the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”  (Joshua 1:9 Gods Word ©)  God’s inexhaustible resources were at Joshua’s disposal throughout their campaign in the Promised Land.  And if you ever doubt God’s ability or willingness to help you, just look and see the incredible things that He did for Joshua against the overwhelming odds that they faced.  Remember also that, “God does not play favorites” and “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.” (Acts 10:34 & Hebrews 13:8 Gods Word ©)

I would encourage you to begin to dwell on the truth of God’s inexhaustible resources, wisdom and knowledge that He has for you.  The regular experience of this phenomenon will cause you to walk in your promised land as Joshua did thousands of years ago.  In your daily walk you will come to realize that “No weapon formed against thee shall prosper.” (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)  You will discover yourself to not only be a force of His power and more importantly of His love to be reckoned with, but also a blessing going somewhere to happen!  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”


Romans 11:33 - 1912 Weymouth New Testament





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.