Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, November 18, 2011

What A Week!

Well it’s finally Friday and the end of what seemed to me to be a very long week, is in sight!  I’m not sure why, but everyday this week has been filled with responsibilities and other activities that needed to be completed in a timely manner.  Sound familiar?  I am sure that it does!

Isn’t it nice to know that how we feel doesn’t need to be governed by the expanse of our weekly schedule?  I told my wife last night that we were just going to relax and take it easy today.  But when I began to look at the unfinished items on my weekly To Do List this morning, I realized, with a certain sense of exasperation, that there were still many items to be completed TODAY!  Ahhh!!! 

But then, as I began to offer the blessing over our breakfast meal, I suddenly found myself becoming overwhelmed with praise and thanksgiving to God.  My wife joined in and together we spent a good amount of time just thanking Him for all that He has been doing for us and then praising Him for the truth of His word that we have been experiencing.

You know what?  I could physically feel His strength flowing into me, and began to notice that my attitude had begun to change from one of drudgery to EXPECTATION!  You talk about WOW!  But, when breakfast was over and the table cleaned, those same old feelings of YUK began to make resurgence within me.  And to make matters even worse… I began to entertain them!  I finally got a hold of my better sense as I came into the study to write this post and looked into His word for another shot of spiritual as well as physical adrenaline.

My eyes went right to my morning Bible study notes where I had copied and personalized Romans 8:1 & 2 from the Gods Word translation and I read, “So those of us who are believers in Christ Jesus can NO LONGER be condemned.  For the standards of the law of the Spirit who gives life (the Zoe life = the absolute fullness of life) through Christ Jesus have set me free from the standards of the law of sin and death!”  There you go… another WOW!  We’ve been set free from drudgery, depression and the desire to give up and go back to bed!

As Christians, you and I have access to that Zoe Life.  This is the life of God that is defined as “the state of one who is possessed of vitality or is animate; the absolute fullness of life; life that is real and genuine, a life active and vigorous, devoted to God, blessed in the portion EVEN in this world of those who put their trust in Christ…” (Thayer’s Greek Definitions for Strong’s G2222 – “Life” as used in Romans 8:2) 

So… as they would say, “put that in your pipe and smoke it!”  Okay, so maybe that’s not the best way to put it, but you get my point!  Once you get that truth inside of you, whether you feel like it or not at the time, you will eventually begin to break free from effects of the cares of this world and begin to rejoice in the Lord for the freedoms that He has made available for you!

Therefore REJOICE with me this weekend!  Let His joy fill you and then spill out of you as you go about your responsibilities and pleasures this weekend!  Enjoy yourselves!  We’ll talk again on Monday, but until then, stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting TO ENJOY today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.