Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, November 28, 2011

Suddenly Awake!

I awoke from a sound sleep this morning around 5:00 AM.  As my mind began to wonder over all the events going on in our family and in particular with my wife’s health, I was quickly drawn in thought to the fifth and sixth verses of Proverbs three.  It was as if a voice was speaking out to me saying, “Trust the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths smooth.”  (Gods Word ©)  As I began to quietly whisper those two verses over and over again, a restful calm came over me and I drifted back off into slumber for a few more hours.

Later when I arose for the day I went into the study, opened up a couple of translations to those same verses and began to study them.  In the course of time I was drawn to Psalm 23.  Both of those locations have provided an abundance of peace to me over the years.  The reality of the Lord being in total control in my life in the midst of trials and the picturesque visions that I imagine from the 23 Psalm have the effect of drawing me right into the very throne room of God where the calm is overwhelming and the victory won!

Do you have special places in the Word where you can travel to find locations of peace and victory for the rough events that occur in your life?  Jesus encouraged us in the book of Matthew to seek Him out.  He said, “seek and you shall find…” (Modern King James Version)  Just what is it that you will find?  Well, I think that answer is easy… you’ll find whatever good thing you are seeking to discover from Him, and that answer will always bring peace.

And speaking of looking for peace… as I was writing the above paragraph my lovely wife came in and proceeded to spill a cup of cocoa all over my mouse pad.  After the initial freaking out, I cleaned up the mess, apologized for flying out of my chair and then returned to Psalm 23:2 where He caused me to calmly lie down in green pastures and calmly walk beside the quiet waters…

Have a great day, stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.