Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  This morning as I arose from my slumber, I began to consider all the things that I was thankful for that had occurred since this same time last year.  The more I thought on it, the more amazed I became at all the good things that had come our way.  The more at awe over the faithfulness of our heavenly Father due to the revelation of all the answered prayers.

Recently I read an article by Rev. Michael Bresciani entitled “What Were The Pilgrims Thankful For.”  In it he talked about the pilgrim's reasons that drove them to risk everything including death to fulfill their vision of religious freedom, taxation with representation, fair hearings before magistrates when charged with crimes, relief from oppressive monarchs and freedom to speak their minds without fear of reprisal.”  He went on to say that “Many of the things taken for granted and rarely mentioned in the thanksgiving prayers of today are what they were thankful for.”  In the conclusion Rev. Bresciani stated “The pilgrims were thankful for the beginning of their dream. We should be thankful for the fullness of that dream.”  (Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/93944)

I believe that the ending words of this article perfectly summed up my thoughts as I stood in my study in the early hours of this holiday morning.  As I looked back to a year ago, I pictured the prayers of faith that my wife and I had spoken that had become our vision for the coming year.  Then I began to count up all the answers to those requests that we had faithfully stood by throughout the times of turmoil, confusion, accusation, and many bleak moments, as I sat at the bottom of our stairs in the dark of night, tearfully thanking God for what we believed on in His word, even though it looked like the total opposite was happening!  Like the Pilgrims, I could see the beginning of our dreams, and like Americans today, I can see the fullness of many of those same dreams in operation in our lives on this Thanksgiving Day 2011.

What are you thankful for today?  What prayers, dreams and visions are you seeing in their various stages of completion?  I Thessalonians 5:24 in the Modern King James Version says “Faithful is he that called you, who also will do it.” 

So I encourage you on this Thanksgiving Day, to focus your attention on HIS faithfulness to you, and on all the things that He has done, is in the process of doing, and also on those things ahead that He will do for you.  The Apostle Paul seemed to put it all into perspective when he stated previous to his comments in verse 24 to “Always be joyful.  Never stop praying.  Whatever happens give thanks, because it is God’s will in Christ Jesus that you do this.”  (I Thessalonians 5:16-18 - Gods Word ©)

Have a wonderful and thankful Thanksgiving today in whatever manner in which you celebrate the holiday festivities.  Stay tuned and keep asking yourselves… “What am I expecting to be THANKFUL for today?”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.