Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Energy Drinks

This last Tuesday was an interesting day for me.  I had awoken with a slight headache that continued to increase in intensity throughout the day.  By the time my wife and I retired for the evening the headache had only gotten worse and made for a very fitful night’s sleep.  When I got up in the morning the migraine was gone, but my mind and body were quite exhausted from the ordeal.  Therefore I knowingly brewed a mug of strong coffee and retreated to the solitude of my study to ingest a strong dosage of the Word of God!  After an energizing workout in the book of Romans, I put down my Bible and pen and went upstairs to wake up my wife.

As we were getting ready for the day I began to tell her about my experience and how God wants to invigorate her physical body through His word. As I was sharing this my mind drifted back to a time at least ten years ago when we were involved in a summer VBS program at our church.  The scene opened up on the morning of the fourth day of the five day program.  I was standing at the front of the elementary Children’s room as the volunteer workers were entering for our quick meeting before the kids started to arrive.  As I looked across the room into the faces of our thirty plus member team, I could see the tiredness of the week’s activities coming out.  I myself was also feeling the strain as I had not only written the program, but was also coordinating the daily schedule, led some of the group teaching times as well as the multiple singing sessions throughout the morning.  Following the clean up each day I would quickly drive home, change my clothes and then go off to my secular job.

On that particular day I knew that I needed the Lord’s assistance in order to encourage and invigorate the team.  So, from deep inside, I pulled up a big smile and some energy that I didn’t know was there and proceeded to uplift them with natural encouragement, God’s Word and a funny interactive children’s song.  As we all piled out of the room on that Thursday morning the anointing of the Holy Ghost had taken over and we had one of the best, most fun days of the week!

In Romans 8:11 the Apostle Paul asks if the Spirit of Christ lives in us and says if so “Then the one who brought Christ back to life will also make your mortal bodies alive by his Spirit who lives in you.” (Gods Word © Translation)  The King James Version accurately translates the word “alive” as “quicken.”  The word in the original Greek actually means to revitalize the physical body.  So just like my experience ten years ago and then again on Wednesday morning, the Word I received into my heart acted as a spiritual caffeine that healthfully strengthened and energized my natural body!

I’ll share some more thoughts on this tomorrow, but for today, I want you to consider the power that is resident within the Word of God that is available to revitalize the natural makeup of our physical beings.  Isn’t God amazing?  And isn’t it amazing that He has made the power of His Word available to you and me?  So if you’re tired, exhausted or just worn out from the pressures in your life, take up your Bible and allow the One “that raised up Christ from the dead (to) also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you” (Romans 8:11 KJV – parenthesis mine)  Then, have a great day and keep asking yourself… “What Invigorating Things am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.