Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, May 9, 2011

Look Up!

Good morning everyone!  I hope that all of you had a great weekend and an enjoyable celebration of Mothers Day.  We got to talk to the kids and spend time with the grandchildren, so life is good!   …And speaking of good, I began my study time earlier today with a review of Hebrews 9:11 where it talks about Jesus’ coming as a chief priest “of the good things that are now here.”  The verse ends with the statement that He “went through a more perfect tent that was not made with human hands, and that is not part of this created world.”  (Gods Word ©)  As I was writing that verse down in my notebook, I drifted off with the thought that God’s answers are not a part of the world’s answers or from the world system.  His answers are supernatural in their makeup and originate from His kingdom.

Matthew 6:33 says that as we “seek first His kingdom and His righteousness”, all of the natural things that we need “will be added unto you.” (King James Version)  Hebrews 11:3 says that God created everything by His word so that “what can be seen was made by something that could not be seen.”  (Gods Word ©)  In other words, we need to focus our attention more on His unseen kingdom when looking for answers, than on the things that are visible all around us.

Think about it for a moment.  Are you more informed as to what the world says about your need or problem than what God’s Word says about it?  The scriptures we just looked at say that the answer will come from a heavenly source.  Now, they will manifest themselves in a very physical way, through an idea, an inspiration, or through other people, or changed circumstances, but He is the One who caused it to happen the way it did!

My suggestion then?  In your research and analysis of the situations that present themselves to you, remember to give God and His Word the major time and effort.  While it is always good to know what (or who) you’re facing, it is even better to know Who’s backing you up and what His plan for your victory is!  In Jesus’ own words: “look up… for your redemption draweth near.”  (Luke 21:28 King James Version)

You know… it kind of takes the pressure off.  No longer do you have to try and figure out how everything is going to come together for you.  That process can get very nerve racking.  Look up to Him and let Him figure it out for you.  The answer might just possibly come from a direction you never would have imagined!  Have a super day and stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”



1 comment:

  1. My latest post to my blog "Let Me Bring You Glory" http://hsmentormom.blogspot.com/2011/05/let-me-bring-you-glory.html came out of a mini-vacation given to us by my husbands parents. I was having a hard time seeing God the way I needed to and the problems were getting larger. I needed a reminder of how big my God is and who is on my side. It's nice to have another reminder !

    Voice From Then End of Town
    http://hsmentormom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.