Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Good Things!

I have always been a voracious note taker.  I tend to take my daily planner with me wherever I go, and am a ready writer with pen (or in my case, mechanical pencil) in hand!  The section that I have set apart for my daily Bible study thoughts is always brimming over with copious notations.  Quite a few months back I began the habit of writing “What am I expecting today” (sound familiar?) at the very top of the page on each day’s Bible notes.  Then I jot down the three or four top items that I am standing in faith for.  This helps to remind and encourage me throughout the day.  The exciting part comes when I can check off the items as they are manifested in my life.

A week ago Monday, as I was studying from Hebrews chapter nine, I re-read where the writer stated that Jesus “came as a chief priest of the good things that are now here.” (Gods Word ©)  At that moment the gears began to turn in my spirit and I realized that everything that I was and would be expecting was based on the Word of God and therefore had to be one of those “Good Things”.

Today as I began my study with Psalm 23:1 where, as we discussed yesterday, it talks about the Lord as my shepherd, I immediately thought of the various verses in John chapter ten where Jesus referred to Himself as the Good Shepherd.  Then I did a quick search in my Bible study program on the words “good things” and it came up with 75 scriptures in the Gods Word version that speak of these things.  A few of them were spoken of as warnings, but the vast majority talk of the “Good Things” that God has planned and/or given to us, His children.

In speaking about Jehovah, Psalm 119:68 says that “You are good, and you do good things.  In Acts 10:38 the apostle Peter described the ministry of our Master to the first Gentiles to receive salvation with the explanation of how “Jesus went everywhere and did good things.”  (both verses from Gods Word ©).  Think about that… When you base your expectations on the Good Shepherd, you can only be expecting Good Things!  If there is any negative connotations, fear or doubt involved, then you are not expecting something that our heavenly Father has in store for you. 

The Good Shepherd of our lives is just what He says He is… He is Good and only has Good Things for us!  Now that is Good News!  Kinda makes you want to stop what you’re doing and stand up and shout “Glory to God” doesn’t it? 

He is your Good Shepherd!  You never need to be in want of any good thing again!  So… put a big smile on your face and go share your Good News with someone else today!  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What (GOOD THINGS) am I expecting today?”

                                                                   

1 comment:

  1. God is precise Rev 22:18-19 no one must add to or take away from the words of the book of Revelation : It is a woman Rev 12 that delivers the true word John1:1, Rev 12:5, Rev 12:13 who restores Acts 3:21 all things to the world before Christ’s return. This woman exposes the lies of Satan who has deceived the whole world Rev 12:9. This woman creates a new thing in the earth by fulfilling God's promise to Eve Gen 3:15, Jer 31:22, Isa 14:16. Moses and Elijah are together with the word Matt 17:3 they all three are in this one woman. She is like unto Moses Num 12:3. She was raised up Acts 3:22 from the Laodicean church that becomes lukewarm because they refused to hear her Rev 3:14-17. She is bold like Elijah Matt 17:11, Luke 1:17. As Elijah was alone declaring the true God to the people so also her witness alone turns the hearts of the fathers to the children Mal 4:5-6 to prepare a people for the Lords return before the great and dreadful day of the Lord Matt 17:3, Luke 9:30. Those who will not hear Acts 3:23 the true word of God she now deliveres to the world free of charge, as a witness, at the heel of time from the wilderness Rev 12:6 will not be allowed inside the walls of God’s coming kingdom from heaven Rev 21. This true testimony of the true value of the blood of the Lamb delivers the truth that not one child of God will be put in a hell fire no matter what their sins. It never entered the heart or mind of God to ever do such a thing Jer 7:31, Jer 19:5. God created evil Isa 45:7 to teach his children the knowledge of good and evil Rom 8:7, Gen 3:22 so that at their resurrection they become a god Matt 22:29-30, Ps 82:6. Prove all things. You cannot rightly judge this unless you read all that has been written by this woman first Pro 18:13. http://minigoodtale.wordpress.com Check out the bruising of Satan and the reason for all of mankind’s sufferings.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.