Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The 90 Day Challenge

As I was studying the 23rd Psalm this morning, I was enraptured by the intimacy of the prose as translated in the Contemporary English Version of the Bible.   As I read this psalm of David it was as though I was sitting at the Master’s feet, speaking directly to Him.  I could picture His face smiling back at me, gently nodding in agreement with the statements I was making about the relationship that we share.  As I completed the final verse, I sat back in my chair and the refreshing, the peace and the love that emanates throughout this portion of scripture came flowing upon me like a warm shower on wintry morning.

I knew instantly that I had to share this personal experience with you… in the form of a challenge!  I challenge you to read Psalm 23, aloud in this translation, for the next 90 days and see if your relationship with the Master does not escalate into greater depths of intimacy than you ever imagined before.  Each day, along the way, ask Him to show you something new and different.  Keep a written log of your discoveries and feel free to report back to me and our readers through the “Comments” section in this blog during the challenge period.  As you read, stay alert and stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”


The 23rd Psalm
A Daily Devotion


1)     You, LORD, are my shepherd. I will never be
           in need.

2)    You let me rest in fields of green grass. You lead me to
           streams of peaceful water,

3)    and you refresh my life. You are true to your name, and 
           you lead me along the right paths.

4)    I may walk through valleys as dark as death, but I won't 
           be afraid.  You are with me, and your shepherd's rod 
           makes me feel safe.

5)    You treat me to a feast, while my enemies watch. You 
           honor me as your guest, and you fill my cup until it 
           overflows.

6)    Your kindness and love will always be with me each day 
           of my life, and I will live forever in your house, LORD.  
                                                                                    (CEV)



1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.