Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Saturday, July 4, 2020

244 Birthday Possibilities!


I have to admit… that I am a guy that likes… MAYONAISE!  And lots of it on my sandwiches, burgers or when I am enjoying a big delicious artichoke!  As I popped the seal off a brand-new bottle of my favorite Kraft Real Mayo this morning, I had to take a moment to ooh and awe over the thick, white, fluffy substance that was packed right up to the very top of the jar.  To me, that’s the very best time to enjoy the condiment as it comes out in thick, creamy globs that holds its form until it is lavishly spread across your piece of bread.  

This morning I layered the bread and mayo with thin sliced extra sharp cheddar cheese, two crisp strips of thick bacon and slices of a boiled egg.  My breakfast delight was then topped with a generous shake of black pepper… and the rest is history as I savored every bite and then enjoyed watching Fiver lick everything that had oozed off unto the plate!  And the best part is that the mayo, the cheese, the bacon and the egg, as well as the one carb per slice of Chompies Keto Friendly Bread, is all a part of my diet!  Ah!  Isn’t life grand!

Since my backyard fence was completed on Wednesday, I have also enjoyed going out in the quiet and relative cool of the Oklahoma mornings (today in the low 80’s) and sitting at the patio table while enjoying sips of my morning coffee.  Fiver has also enjoyed his morning freedom in the yard and loves to run, stop and sniff and then run some more while traversing back and forth across the small area… at least in comparison to what we had in North Carolina!

It would seem that we moved just in time from our country home back east.  I spoke to one of my former neighbors the other day and she mentioned that they had begun construction of the large community that was planned to go in all around our one-time quiet enclave.  It would seem that they removed almost all the trees lining the back of my former property to make room for the new homes.  The new owner removed the four foot see through fence around the back and replaced it with a six-foot privacy fence.  From what my neighbor said, the whole flavor of the former country neighborhood has changed.  

So, what can I say?  To me it is just another confirmation that the Lord had planned for that land to be the perfect choice for Piper’s and my dream home that we both got to enjoy before Piper moved on to her new home in heaven… and me to mine in Oklahoma!  That home was absolutely perfect for back then and I am assured that this new place by the golf course is perfect for right here and now!

Earlier this morning after I took Fiver outback around 5:30, I returned to bed thinking about all the impossible that God had made to be possible during our five years in North Carolina.  I can look back now and see how almost everything we did was a part and parcel of His divine plan for us.  Things at home in California were drastically different when we returned from Bible School in Oklahoma and it got to the point that we just simply needed a change, and when the Lord put a move to North Carolina to be closer to our kids on my mind in prayer one morning… wellI just knew it was right for us!  From that point on, it seemed to be one impossibility turned into a God possibility after another!

Jesus told the desperate and doubting father with the sick and tormented son in Mark 9:23 that, "As far as possibilities go, everything is possible for the person who believes."  (God’s Word ©).  Then when the father made the quick adjustment to belief in the fidelity of Jesus’ word to him and his son, the boy was able to receive his healing as Jesus spoke life to the need at hand.

I’ll admit that I had no idea what was ahead when I wheeled Piper’s wheelchair up that boarding ramp to the plane on that day back in May of 2014 at the Sacramento Airport.  But the one thing that I did know was that God said for us to “GO” and that as we trusted in His faithfulness to us through the promises in His Word… that every impossibility ahead would somehow be turned into another one of His possibilities for us.

That same trust spurs me on each day right now in the midst of my new life here in Oklahoma.  It also spurs me on to have the greatest of expectations for the future of our country in the midst of all the seemingly crazy turmoil that is going on in our land.  There is most definitely a force at work attempting to destroy* what I firmly believe to be a country established on Godly principles for Godly purposes.  Things that were once held as right, sacred, patriotic and noble are being tossed aside for lies, ideals and structures of government that (once again, I believe) are totally opposite to that of our founding fathers.

But I refuse to give up or give in!  How about you?  Since Jesus said that “…everything is possible for the person who believes,”  then I am going to upgrade my active belief in the truth of His Word overcoming the lies of the thief who is trying to steal, kill and destroy our land. In Matthew 19:26 Jesus also stated that, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (EMTV)

So, as we celebrate 244 years of independence on this very special 4th of July weekend here in the United States…Who are WE going to believe and base our faith in?  For me... I’m going to have to agree with Joshua when he faced the people in their newly independent nation in Joshua 24:15 and asked them a similar question… and then replied without a moment’s hesitation, “but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD” (KJV). 

Have a great celebration of our country’s birth on this special 4th of July weekend, and at the same time celebrate God’s possibilities of overtaking the fear and lies of the thief in our midst!  I even went out and bought a new flag for the occasion!  Stay safe and keep on actively believing - for the best is yet to come!



*Sounds a lot like Jesus’ warning in John 10:10 where He declared that “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” (EMTV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.