Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, September 12, 2014

Position


Well, I did it…  I feel a little guilty in that I had written in one of my Facebook posts that I had a big decision to make yesterday and I immediately received some replies with concern for Piper.  But she is doing good.  This decision concerned my new baby… and no I am not talking about an Abraham and Sarah experience here!  This particular baby has four tires.
When we followed the Lord’s leading to go to Bible School in 2006, my wife and I had to make some tough sacrifices.  For Piper it was her piano and for me it was my 1989 Camaro.  Piper actually got her piano back upon our return to California when some special friends purchased it for her from the family that she had given it to.  But alas, I was slowly coming to the reality that I’d probably never have another sporty car again. 
In 2011 though, I began to have some thoughts about another car when it was becoming apparent that Piper would not be able to climb up into her Suburban for much longer.  But then my folks gave us their Buick and my dreams went poof again!  When I was packing up in preparation for our cross country move a few months back, I came across a picture of a V6 Mustang that I had taped to the closet in my study that had been covered up.
That picture stirred up my faith as our financial picture had changed and I began to dream, pray and look again.  Over the last month I have pursued the idea in earnest but still wasn’t sure it was something I really needed to do.  Then a conversation with my youngest daughter a few weeks ago convinced me to go for it and to see what the Lord had in mind.
And a few days ago, it showed up and yesterday I put a deposit on a 2009 Vapor Silver Metallic Mustang GT Premium convertible with… get this… a hard to find red leather interior!  It was just what I was looking for!  Isn’t God good!  The more I looked at this vehicle, the better it got.  Come to find out that its original owner was a Ford exec who got the car directly from Detroit so it is loaded with options.  The second owner barely drove it and kept it garaged.  Even though it is five years old, it only has slightly over 28,000 miles on it and is a 45th Anniversary Model which had a limited production run.
Okay… In case you haven’t guessed it yet, I’m feeling like a little kid right now!  I discovered the car at a specialty dealership in Richmond Virginia and it will be shipped to my front door next week.  But I am not only excited about the new-to-us car, I am excited once more about what the Lord has done.
As I was professing scriptures to my wife while I helped her get ready for the day this morning, I spoke out 2 Corinthians 2:14 saying: “Now thanks be to God who always leads us in victory because of Christ…” (God’s Word ©)  Then in an instant I thought aloud to Piper that “we are to approach every day of our lives and every situation we face from the position of victory!”
That’s how we were to see this day progressing.  That is how I approached this whole adventure with the new car.  I had some very specific options and details that I was looking for and once I seriously placed it in the Lord’s hands, I was expecting to receive it… and I did!  When I first laid eyes on that car, I KNEW it was the one, and believe me, I have been looking at a lot of vehicles that didn’t make the grade!
Joshua 1:9 tells us to not be discouraged once we take a stand of faith but to walk forth with confidence and courage.  Confidence and courage in HIS Word and in HIS ability to perform it!  (See Isaiah 55:11, Jeremiah 1:12, Luke 1:37-38)  HIS abilities give us the confidence and courage to approach anything we face from the position of victory and it gives us the strength to forge on through until we have it!  The next verse in 2 Corinthians chapter two goes on to say that our actions of faith and trust are like a sweet fragrance to those who witness them in us!  Therefore it becomes a two-fold blessing.
So I encourage you to take a look at how you are approaching everything you do this weekend.  Put 2 Corinthians 2:14 in your heart and make it the foundation of your days!  Have a great weekend.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What or Whom am I expecting to have VICTORY with today?”

 

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to hear about your new toy. Spirit not only provides our needs but also our wants. We get so caught up in our day to day "adult" responsibilities that we don't take the time to play. It is one way for us to replenish our joy and spirit. I can see you and Piper with the windows down in this new car, flying down some country road with your hair blowing in the wind. I pray you both to have fun and lots of play with this new toy.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.