Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

It's a New Season!


While I was praying over our breakfast this morning I had a thought about something I wrote at the end of yesterday’s blog.  In my closing statements I mentioned the “new season that has come upon us following today’s Labor Day celebration.”  Feeling a leading in that direction, I took a moment to talk to the Lord about the new season that is upon us.  I even think that my wife began to nod her head in agreement with the prayer.
I just sense that something different is in the air!  I believe that good things lie ahead for those of us who trust steadfastly in His unfailing love, and then put feet to our faith!  As I began to write this blog I suddenly heard the words to the song “New Season” as sung by Israel and New Breed.  I must admit that up to a few years ago, I had never heard of this Christian group, but after setting up a contemporary Christian radio station on Pandora, I was introduced to their very upbeat and victorious worship style.  This particular song has always caught my attention as the chorus goes:
It’s a new season, it’s a new day

   A fresh anointing is flowing my way

   It’s a season of power and prosperity

   It’s a new season coming to me

The song then declares the defeat over the enemy of our souls that Jesus has provided for you and me, the time of jubilee, taking a stand and resting in Him and concludes by encouraging us to:
 

Cling to His hand, yes, to every promise take a hold

   It’s a new season, it’s a new season

   It’s a new season coming to me!

I sense that this new season is upon us today!  Will you choose to go on in your old tired ways, or toss in your hand with the God who splits the seas.  To trust whole-heartedly with the One who makes a way where there is no way, to the One that stands at your side when everyone else seems to run to higher ground…
It is a new season, and I want to go with the One who is the reason for this season.  How about you?  Have a great day!  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “With What or with Whom am I expecting to go with during this new season?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.