Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What Is Your Attitude?


I walked into the kitchen this morning with every intention of beginning a fresh study in a new chapter in the Bible… but God had a different idea!  I was immediately drawn back to Romans 8:2 where the Message Bible declares “A new power is in operation.  The Spirit of life in Christ, like a strong wind, has cleared the air…”  Suddenly something clicked in me and I felt the refreshing wind of the Spirit blowing away any anxiety I felt about the day before me.
Romans 8:6 in the God’s Word translation says that “The corrupt nature’s attitude leads to death.  But the spiritual nature’s attitude leads to life and peace.”  At that moment the Lord reminded me that it is all about my attitude and if I choose to agree with the contrary things that I may see around me or with the unfailing word of God and how it defines my life.
Just before the Lord took him home, Moses challenged the Israelites saying: “I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life…”  (Deuteronomy 30:19 KJV)  He also understood the importance of our daily choices.  He knew that how we choose would directly affect our attitudes and thereby guide the events of our lives.  Jesus told us that His words are “spirit and they are life”. (John 6:63 KJV)  It would make logical sense then to have an attitude that is closely aligned with the truth and life of His words wouldn’t it?
An attitude that is directed by the life-infused words of Christ brings hope to any and every situation no matter how bleak, hopeless, stressful or confusing it may look to be.  An attitude of His life will lead you to eventual success in everything you set your hand or your mind to!
Right now for me, it is looking past the piles of boxes in every room and see the finished vision that He has given me.  And while it is not going to happen tomorrow or probably even in the next week… it will come to pass!  My job is to see what He sees for me to accomplish each day!  When I look through His line of sight, everything looks possible for “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13 MKJV)
Kind of puts a whole new spin on your day doesn’t it?  Remember when you get up each day that “a new power is in operation” in your life!  It will help you to face the day with a smile, a hope and a determination that can’t be derailed!  Have a great day.  Stay in tune to His Word and keep asking yourself… “What or Whom am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.