Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, May 5, 2014

Strength!


Well… we are definitely in the home stretch as we prepare for our move to the east coast.  I had the thought yesterday morning while packing up the final kitchen items that are we ludicrous to be making this move, lock, stock and barrel, across the country, to a place we’ve never seen?  But then in an instant I had to laugh as I looked at how incredibly everything seems to be coming together and I knew that it has to be a God thing!  So any hesitation flew out the window and I hunkered down to complete the tasks before me.
Needless to say, I have found myself getting pretty wiped out by the end of the day and this morning when I got up it seemed like most of the energy, excitement and expectation had been just about drained out of me!  An older and seasoned friend once told me that I was a “plodder,” that is according to Dictionary.com “one who works with a constant and monotonous perseverance.”  She said that once I set a goal that I would “plod” on through, no matter what came across my path and complete the plan.  Over the last few days it has been that dogged perseverance that has kept me going.
With that thought in mind, I was not about to let those feelings slow me down, especially since I can now see the finish line up ahead.  So, I hopped out of bed, straightened up my tired body and began to speak out the Word concerning where my strength comes from. 
Later on during my morning bible study I came across something that led me to 2 Corinthians 12:9 and that proved to be the final energy boost that I needed to propel me into the finishing touches of our move that I need to complete today.  Here Paul is telling his readers about a conversation he had with the Lord.  In reply to his repeated requests concerning the pressures and resulting weakness he was experiencing through the continual persecutions he was bombarded with, the Lord simply stated that “My grace is all you need.  Only when you are weak can everything be done completely by my power.”  Paul got the message, learned his lesson and then taught it to the Corinthians saying: “So I will gladly boast about my weaknesses.  Then Christ’s power can stay in me.” (Easy To Read Version)
Well, I decided that I would learn that lesson today as well!  What about you?  A little while later after I had helped my wife get ready for the day and was preparing breakfast, I suddenly discovered that all the weariness I was experiencing was gone!  In fact, I seemed to have more strength and joy that I’ve had in a while!  Isn’t God good!
These next few days will be action packed for us as we send the dog off on her week long trip across the country, the moving van comes and then I focus on cleaning the house.  But throughout it all, I know that I have the confidence and the strength of the Lord working in me to accomplish what He has set before us.  You can also have that same confidence and physical and emotional strength as you determine to put your trust into His capable hands.  Think you can do it?  I know you can!  Have a great week.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What or Whose STRENGTH am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.