Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, May 19, 2014

New!


Greetings from the beautiful town of Morrisville, North Carolina!  My wife and I are sitting out on our back patio enjoying the beautiful morning.  My outdoor thermometer reads about sixty four degrees, there is a slight breeze and the birds are singing their praises of the new day from their perches high in the pines that line the common area behind our new apartment home.  We have been here six days now and are still getting used to the nuances’ of the area.  Believe it or not, I have not been able to find a retailer who stocks local maps!  So far I’ve checked out three gas stations, the local CVS and a regional AAA office and came up empty handed!
We spent the day on last Thursday with our lovely daughter whom we haven’t seen for a couple of years, and had a great time.  She gave us a short tour of the town, and extended to us the royal welcome!  On Friday night our dog finally arrived to a joyous homecoming.  Then yesterday I felt complete as we took delivery of our Buick.  Now I’m feeling like most of the loose ends have been tied up!
It definitely is an exciting time around here!  And while I am not too sure as to the what’s and why’s, I know that the good Lord has some special plans for us.  I keep coming back to Romans 8:2 in the Message Bible where it proclaims that “A new power is in operation!”  Everything around us here on the other end of the United States is new!  Everywhere we look there are new sights to see and new things to experience!  Even the bugs are new to us!  I got up on the first night to get a drink of water only to find the prettiest bright red beetle crawling across the counter!  I was entranced as I had never seen one so bright and unique as this little critter!
Without all the normal activities and “things” around me that I am used to, it seems like my trust has fully been placed into the capable hands of the Holy Spirit.  His new power is in operation around me and the adventurous expectancy of the resurrection life in Christ is shining forth! (see: Romans 8:15 MSG)  How about you?  Is that new power adventurously expectant and shining forth through you?  If not, it might just be time to hit the personal reset button and step out in the resurrection life that He has planned for you to experience.  Have a great day.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What or Whom am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.