Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Action Packed!


I stepped out into our back patio early this morning when I let the dog out and once again was taken in by the sights as I glanced upward over the fence into the skies beyond on the eastern horizon.  The sun was just coming up over the hills that nestle up to the golf course across from our home.  The brightness of its rays were filtered through the trees and bouncing off my neighbor’s roof.  Then they caught the red nectar in our hanging hummingbird feeder and flashed an iridescent glow through our kitchen window.  It was a glorious sight to behold!
While I stood there and absorbed the light show unfolding before me, I thought about the scripture we looked at yesterday in Revelation 22:16-17.  Jesus said that “I, Jesus… am the bright and morning star… (so) ‘Come!’  Let those who hear this say, ‘Come!’  Let those who want the water of life take it as a gift.” (God’s Word ©)  When I finally tore myself away and retreated back to my study to continue my morning quiet time, I was quickly filled with excitement and expectation when I reviewed those passages in Revelation.
What caught my attention was all the ACTION that is packed into Jesus’ words!  There are four actions that are directly and intimately connected to three other action steps. Jesus told us that when we “hear”, “thirst” and “want” for His Word and His ways, we should “come” (stated 3 times) and “take!”  And this is not a onetime event, but a set of progressive steps that should be repeated everyday of our lives!  In effect He is telling us “Don’t ever stop coming to My waters of abundant (zoe) life, but keep going, keep moving on into Me!”  His is that little voice on the inside that keeps encouraging us to never give up in the midst of any trial, or situation in our lives, no matter what it may look like that is contrary to His will as we search it out, and find it in His Word and then TAKE it as our own!
The wife of a Pastor that we worked with for many years once characterized my wife as having faith like a Bulldog.  She said that once Piper grabbed on to a promise of God that she NEVER let go until she attained it!  What do you honestly think?  Can that same statement be said about you?  I believe that this is exactly what Jesus was inferring when He spoke these final words to John at the end of His will and testament.
Well… I’m ready for ACTION today!  How about you!  We watched the beginning of the second Indiana Jones movie last night.  And I was amazed at how fast the action is from the very get-go of the movie.  My adrenaline was pumping as I was drawn into the ACTION-PACKED scenes of non-stop adventure.  And… that is the same kind of non-stop ACTION that I am expecting to take and hold on to for the things of God today and every day!  Are you up for this too?  Have a great and action packed day!  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What or Whom am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.