Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Gorgeous Weather & Love...


Happy Leap Day Everyone!  I hope that your day and that your weather wherever you are is as gorgeous as it is right here in northeastern Oklahoma!  I just took the Five out for our long walk of the morning and its already in the mid-sixties and I’m loving it by sporting my hiking shorts and a light hoodie… which was probably a little too heavy for comfort!  

It’s been a busy week for me, how about you?  I had various appointments and FINALLY got my Oklahoma Driver’s License and was therefore able to register to vote.  I think that I have now completed all the legalities to live here and relinquish any hold onto California or North Carolina.  Although, I have to admit, it was a little difficult for me to surrender my NC license.  I’m not sure why except that it may have had some connection to Piper.  I clearly remember the day that she and I went to the DMV back there to transfer my license and get Piper a NC State ID.  The gentleman that waited on us (who was from California) was very patient and helpful.  I had to hold up Piper’s head a bit for the photo and he took multiple shots until we got the right one.  The good news is that I still have her NC ID card.

The last two weeks have been like a rollercoaster with my emotions.  I would attribute this phenomenon to moving all of the rest of our stuff… mainly Piper’s piano and boxes of personal and garage items… to the house and then my going through the boxes.  I’ve only gone through about ¼ of them, but so far, it has been one of the toughest assignments I’ve ever taken on!  Like I have been mentioning in previous posts, many of them contain collections of Piper’s personal possessions, keepsakes, lots of photographs, clothes, notebooks, ministry lessons and plans and homeschool memorabilia.  For awhile there, it was like everything I picked up brought back tons of poignant but yet funny and emotional memories.  I continually found myself bursting out in laughter only to end up in tears… over and over and over again!  

I decided to take a break toward the end of this week and concentrate on the more mundane boxes of things like pots and pans, dishes, glassware and silverware.  But then even those hold memories of their own.  I’m not sure how common it is, but after 43 years of marriage we still have some things that were given to us when we got married.  And unpacking those items brought back memories of their own like, unwrapping the boxes of presents that took up Piper’s entire bedroom at her parents home, to meaningful times in the kitchen when we used the items… for instance when… Piper threw a spatula at me across the kitchen in our first apartment because of something I said… and believe me… NEVER SAID AGAIN… to sneaking up behind her while she was chopping up vegetables and planting a BIG, sloppy kiss on her cheek in front of the kids… followed by her pushing me away saying, “JIIIIIIIIMMM!” 

But through the ups and downs, the tears, the pain and the re-filing of memories from the “Current/Active” section into the “Wonderful Past” part of my heart, I am beginning (key word here… BEGINNING) to slowly and surely see that I am taking small steps into the continuation of my life… without Piper.  As I mentioned before, I am learning that this transition is only going to be possible as I continue to seek out and expand my intimate, experiential and very personal knowing of Christ’s love for me as I travel into this new frontier of faith… one that I never thought I would have to explore! 

I was recently introduced to The Passion Translation of the Bible through my Bible Study program on my computer.  It’s description of Ephesians 3:17-19 seems to perfectly summarize what I believe that the Lord has been trying to show me over the last few weeks.  Here the Apostle Paul prays for us explaining that: 

“…by constantly using your faith, the life of Christ will be released deep inside you, and the resting place of his love will become the very source and root of your life.  Then you will be empowered to discover what every holy one experiences—the great magnitude of the astonishing love of Christ in all its dimensions. How deeply intimate and far-reaching is his love! How enduring and inclusive it is! Endless love beyond measurement that transcends our understanding—this extravagant love pours into you until you are filled to overflowing with the fullness of God!”   

The understanding of that truth dear readers, is how I am choosing to pursue this new chapter in this unexpected new season of my life.  But you know… I don’t think that one has to necessarily be going through something as traumatic as what I am experiencing for this to work in their lives.  I think that this deep and intimate knowledge of the love that Christ has for you will propel ANYONE through any situation, at any time, in any place… PERIOD!

What do ya say?

Have a super-duper weekend as you seek to experience a taste of the astonishing love of Christ… JUST FOR YOU!  That’s what I am expecting… How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.