Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, November 15, 2019

You Know - 2


I had the pleasure of taking our oldest daughter out to breakfast in honor of the birthday that she celebrated earlier in the week.  We went to a ‘50’s style restaurant called “Tally’s Good Food Café” in south Tulsa.  As soon as you walk in the door there is a life-size statue of Elvis to greet you and along the walls are period pictures of well-known movie stars, sports figures and other items that make you wish that you could have lived in that era!  One of the booths near the counter is built around the front of a 1957 Chevy!  It was a pretty great experience.

Near the end of our meal there was a sudden “boom” followed by what sounded like the breaking of dishes and glassware coming from the kitchen.  Many of the patrons immediately jumped up and ran to the back to see what happened.  Then we quickly found out that a truck had run into the building… and that NO one was hurt, inside or outside of the café.  As we were walking out to our cars afterwards, Jamie and I talked with the owner of the café while he was taking pictures of the damage to his building and the two vehicles.  It turns out that an older couple was driving into the restaurant parking lot and instead of hitting the brakes, the driver pressed the accelerator, hit a parked truck and pushed it into the building!  I am so glad for God’s protection and that everyone was okay.

It was fun catching up with Jamie.  We shared all kinds of good news and looked again at the pictures of the gorgeous house that they are closing on this afternoon!  It is a beautiful two-story brick and wood siding home in Broken Arrow, that sits on a large attractive piece of property that backs up to a creek.  The backyard looks like a park!  And I’m happy to report that my favorite riding mower has found a good new home in the family!  My new yard is too small for it and their spacious lawns and tree filled yards will be happy to see the mower and maybe even more so… the attachable leaf sweeper!  While eating breakfast, I got the call from my realtor giving me the good news that my home purchase was finally approved by HUD and that we’ll close early next week!  Isn’t God Good!

That last phrase… “Isn’t God Good” seemed to thread itself into almost everything that Jamie and I discussed yesterday.  She shared about their new place, the church they are attending, her husband’s great new job and many other positive items while I shared some of the blessings, I’ve recently heard of from her three siblings as well as some of my own good news.

I shared with her of how all of the good family reports that I’ve been hearing have practically brought tears to my eyes on multiple occasions.  For it had suddenly dawned on me when hearing of a big financial miracle that our youngest daughter shared earlier in the week, how exciting and meaningful it was for me to see our kids receiving many of the same types of God-sent, God-expected miracles as did their Mom and I throughout the years! 

I told JoAnna that I pictured Piper dancing in thankfulness and glee in front of the throne of God in heaven!  While she was with us, reports of God’s miraculous workings would quickly set Piper off into rejoicing… and I am sure it is no different now as she watches over us from above.

I came across another “You Know” verse in the Bible this morning.  But opposite to the “You Know” that we discussed in my last blog post, which talked about us knowing when something isn’t right for us… this verse talks about what YOU should KNOW and EXPECT to happen when you believe and actively trust in God and His Word!

In Ephesians 3:20 in The Message Bible, Paul boldly and with great emphasis declares:

“God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.”

I mentioned to Jamie that if our children learned anything from their Mother and I, it would be to fully EXPECT the things that you have prayed over and are actively believing God for… and you know… it warms my heart tremendously, to see the fruit of the life that Piper and I always strived to live before our children!  Isn’t God Good! 

I can’t help but get excited when one of the kids calls and begins the conversation with something like: “Guess what God did for us…”  What do you think about that?  What is the legacy that you’ve left and/or are currently building for your family to be a part of? 

Not sure?  Well, I also happen to personally believe that it is never too late to start building or planting the seeds of a legacy of faith for your family…

Have a great weekend, and as you do say with me, “I am expecting to expect God to do far more than I could ever imagine or guess or request in my wildest dreams… today… and every day!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.