Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, September 16, 2019

CHANGE


change [ cheynj ]
verb (used with object), changed, chang·ing.
to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone:      Dictionary.com


I was reflecting while out on the balcony this morning about how dramatically my life has changed over the last year.  Of how the major foundation piece of my life is no longer present and of how the future looks, at times, to be very precarious without that point of reference.

But I also recognize that life is meant to go on!  I’ve been around too many people over the years who chose to live in the past and miss the new adventures that await them to experience in their present and future.  Well… that’s not me!  And I realized out there in the semi-cool morning environment, that I don’t want to stop living but to be all that God desires me to be until the day I cross that great divide.

I had a revelation of that over the weekend when I took the D.I.S.C. personality test as part of the “Growth Track” class for new members at our church.  It is similar to the Merrill-Wilson Personality Test and class I took as part of my management training at Hewlett Packard in the early-eighties, although not nearly as comprehensive.  As it turned out, I ended up with a similar personality profile as before.  But I noticed as I read through the different descriptions and general traits of the four various personalities that I had CHANGED over the thirty some years between the two tests.

Some of the descriptions just didn’t match me anymore.  Some of the areas of possible improvement and growth didn’t relate to me as they did back in the beginning of my secular and ministry careers.  Life experiences, education, on the job training, God’s Word and lots of prayer helped me to grow into the man I have become today.

Ephesians 4:15-16 in The Message Bible teaches us that “God wants us to grow up, to know the whole truth and tell it in love—like Christ in everything. We take our lead from Christ, who is the source of everything we do.  He keeps us in step with each other. His very breath and blood flow through us, nourishing us so that we will grow up healthy in God, robust in love.” 

I want to keep up in step with Him as well as with those around me.  I firmly believe that He still has a plan for me… and for each of you as well.  Just because we might go through a traumatic, intensely painful and life-changing event, it doesn’t mean that He is suddenly through with us!

Once again, the Lord showed me that I need to be open for just about anything… that I need to NOT be looking at my future through the eyes of my past.  I learned that I have changed over the years throughout my past and I believe that much of my future will embrace that changemost likely with a lot more changes to come!  What I don’t want… nor desire is for everything in my future to be a duplicate of my past.  For what’s the FUN in that?  How can someone grow if they keep experiencing the same thing over and over again?  According to our scripture… GROWTH is good for your health!

So, I’m ready for GROWTH that leads to CHANGE that leads to good HEALTH and a good LIFE!  How about you?

If you are… then say after me… “I am expecting to grow through the CHANGES that God continues to place before me each day!”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.