Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, February 13, 2017

The Question



Yesterday and today started out with some heart felt questions and revelations while I was walking in our expansive backyard.  The first was an emotional drain, while the second (which I’ll explain in the next blog post) was light hearted and full of expectancy!

Piper’s day started out on the difficult side yesterday.  When it came to breakfast, it was like she wanted no part of it!  At one point I needed to take a break so I grabbed the dog and we went for a stroll in the backyard!  As Fiver explored his usual haunts in the yard.. ie; the places where the rabbits and squirrels enter and exit under the fence, I walked around in the far extents of the yard and got honest with Papa God!

At one point I stopped, looked upward and slowly asked… “What am I supposed to do?  Am I supposed to let her go or keep fighting?”  Well, I didn’t get, nor did I expect to get an immediate answer for I know that that isn’t the way He normally speaks to me.  So I walked a bit more, finally found some peace and went back into the house to work on Piper’s breakfast again.

An hour or so later as I Air-Played the live stream morning praise and worship service throughout the house from our home church in Oklahoma, I began to sense a change in my faith.  The moment the first faith-filled song began to blast (literally… as I had the volume up pretty high... one of the perks of country living!) I heard the voice of the Lord ringing up from deep inside me.  I immediately turned to Piper and said… “Geez, we just heard the first few notes of the first song and I am already feeling charged up!”

And then I suddenly knew the answer to my earlier question and began to speak those Spirit-led thoughts aloud saying… “We have been taught to never give up in our stand of faith throughout all the years of our marriage.  If I quit now, I will be just like some of the nay-sayers that gave up on Piper years ago… and WE ARE NOT LIKE THEM!”  Following that revelation, I remembered the phrase that was a theme of my Bible College and I shouted aloud: “I will not be defeated and I will not quit!”

But God wasn’t done with me yet and He reminded me of how our Pastor’s wife had described Piper many years ago saying that: “Piper is like a bulldog, for once she grabs on to something in faith, she will NOT let go!”  And with that, the clincher hit home and I realized that if I gave up now, I would be dishonoring my wife!  So I turned to her and slowly, with great determination told her that I will stand in faith to the very end if that is the last thing I do.

Then as if the Lord knew exactly what else I needed, following the Praise and Worship part of the service, our home Pastor taught on “Seeing things the way God sees them”  Throughout the sermon he kept referring to Paul’s prayers in Ephesians 1:15-23 and 3:14-21, but the one that stuck to me like super glue was his statement of faith in chapter three, verse twenty where Paul declares his firm belief in the miraculous abilities of God saying that “God can do anything, you know – far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!...” (The Message Bible)

So, what is my wildest dream right now?  To see my wife healed and whole according to the promises in God’s Word!  Well… if He said it is possible… then it is… and with that I have readjusted my faith to be in line with His Word and my trust is in His hands, in His Word of truth… How about you?

Have a great week, and as you do keep asking yourself… “What truth am I expecting, whether it looks like it or not, to come about in my life today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.