Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

How Much Bigger?



I mentioned in our last blog post of how I started the last couple of days off in prayer and contemplation with the Lord… with each day’s requests and prayers coming from two completely different directions!  While Sunday began with deep emotional involvement, pain and drain, the early morning Word I had read on Monday carried me along with excitement and Christian hope when I took the dog outback for his morning activities.

It continues to amaze me how the right Word received at the right time can totally change one’s attitude and their corresponding vision of life! Sunday’s experience within the depths of my soul began to turn as I finally surrendered myself to God’s Word as stated in Ephesians 3:20 where the Apostle Paul enthusiastically explained how: “God can do anything, you know --- far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams.” (The Message Bible)  

Paul is well known for his use of the “late and rare double compound adverb” when he writes about the power of God toward us who believe. (Ephesians 3:20 Roberts Word Pictures)  Like most of you, I can’t help but get excited when I read Paul’s descriptions of “exceedingly abundantly above all.” (Ephesians 3:20 NKJV) And if you’re anything like me then you want to go right out and get in faith for something BIGjust so you can see God’s exceedingly abundantly above power working for you!  I think that is why I really like the way the writer of The Message Paraphrase puts this verse.  It is in language that I can closely affirm as the way my wife and I think, believe and actively live our faith!

So while I had to fight some personal demons on Sunday morning, by Monday I was back on track, my faith was refurbished and strong and my expectations were standing firm on His “far more than I could ever imagine or guess or request in my wildest dreams!”

Within the current status of my wife’s health, I find that I have to take each day, one at a time.  I am thankful for people like our neighbor who stopped by yesterday to see if we needed anything from the store.  While she was here she encouraged me through her visible excitement over the little blessings that had been happening with Piper that day.  Her positive attitude caused me to cast away the attacks of discouragement and focus on the good things – no matter how small or seemingly insignificant they may have been – and be thankful for Papa God’s watchfulness and faithfulness toward Piper and I.

I also have to remember that I have always been a dreamer and over the years my faith has taught me to dream BIG!  So today I’m especially thinking… if I think my dreams are BIG… then I can’t hardly imagine HOW MUCH BIGGER they will actually become when I combine them in faith with Papa God’s “far more… in my wildest dreams!”  Can you?

This may be my last post for this week as our kids will be with us for the rest of this week and weekend!  Please join in with me as I am believing that this will be a special time of fellowship and loving interactions between our kids and their Mom.  

Have a great rest of the week and weekend, and as you do, keep asking yourself… “How BIG am I expecting my dreams to be as I connect them to God’s ‘far more than I can EVER imagine or guess or request in my wildest dreams?’”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.