Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Answer...


As soon as I rolled over unto my back this morning and began to consider getting up for the day, I found myself mouthing the words to the song “Jesus Is The Answer” written by Andrae Crouch in the early 1970’s.
“Jesus is the answer for the world today
     Above Him there’s no other, Jesus is the way”
Then I laid quietly and smiled while I considered all that we needed to accomplish today and over the next few weeks.  I briefly considered all the little nagging thoughts that seem to prick at our lives at the most inconvenient times.  I reviewed the trials and tribulations that we face, the good times and the bad, and the smile just got brighter as I laid everything down at the feet of our Master with the unshakeable intimate and experiential knowledge that He truly IS the answer!
In John 10:9 Jesus declared: “I am the gate.  Those who come in by me will be saved; they will come in and go out and find pasture.” (Good News Bible)  The People’s New Testament comments that “Christ is at once the door, the shepherd, and the pasture.  His pasture is the bread of life and the water of life.”  In simply terms, Jesus is the answer for our every need!
Many times I have heard people (including myself) say, “Well, all I can do now is pray.”  But in actuality, it is the FIRST thing we should have done, for it is one of the most powerful weapons – when combined with our faith in His “exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think” power (NKJV Ephesians 3:20) – that we have at our disposal!  His Word spoken in faith by our lips has the power to move the mountains that get in our way (Mark 11:22-24), to calm the storms of life (Matthew 14:23-33), to raise the dead (John 14:25, 40-44) and to bring health, healing and happiness to a needy world (Mark 16:15-20).
You know, this information makes the intricacies of our lives fairly simple!  It narrows down the questions of life to one steadfast and most powerful answer: JESUS!  So if you only remember one thing today, remember that Jesus is THE answer!
“Jesus is the answer for the world today
     Above Him there’s no other, Jesus is the way

     If you have some questions in the corners of your mind
     And traces of discouragement and peace you cannot find
     Reflections of the old past, they seem to face you everyday
     There’s one thing that I know for sure that Jesus is the way

     Jesus is the answer for the world today
     Above Him there’s no other, Jesus is the way


     I know that you got mountains that you think you cannot climb
     I know that your skies have been dark, you think the sun won’t shine

     In case you don’t know
     I’m here to tell you that the Word of God is true

     And everything that He promised
     I tell you that He will do it for you
     Let me tell you that
 

     Jesus is the answer for the world today
     Above Him there’s no other, Jesus is the way “ *
 

So… keep that most simple, but yet most profound and powerful truth in the forefront of your thoughts, for no matter what you may face today… Jesus is the way!  Have a good day.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What or Whom am I expecting today?”

 

*Written by Andrae Crouch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.