Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Leap!


Many years ago I took a temporary job helping a friend with a lot of repair work on a large dairy farm that was located in the rolling hills near our county airport.  We started out by painting the long fence that ran up the hill to the farm house, repaired the various stalls that housed the young calves and then refurbished one of the mobile homes that some of the workers lived in.  It turned out to be hard work with long hours and at times was almost unbearable with the aromatic fragrances that surrounded the barns!
But, one of the fun parts of the job was when we worked around the calves.  Whenever we worked on their stalls, the little critters would stretch out their long wet (kinda slimy…) tongues and lick us!  Then if we had to let them out in order to further repair their temporary homes, they would leap and jump like little kids going out for recess at school!  It was quite enjoyable to watch and made the job a little more meaningful!
Malachi 4:2 explains how “The sun of righteousness will rise with healing in his wings for you people who fear my name.  You will go out and leap like calves let out of a stall.” (God’s Word ©)  Maybe that is why my friend John and I liked that part of our job, because it was a picture of how we are to live as children of our Almighty Father.
Is that how you live?  Do you look for opportunities to be happy, confident and blessed because of your relationship with Jesus?  Hummm… it might be more accurate if I asked if you MAKE opportunities to be happy, confident and blessed!  I know many good meaning Christian folks who quickly turn to complaining and self-pity when things don’t go as they think they should.  I must admit that this is probably the biggest obstacle that I face on a daily basis as we stand in faith for my wife’s total and complete healing.  It can be all too easy to dwell on the way that things SHOULD or COULD be if  Do you know what I mean?
Last night as my wife and I sat on the couch watching TV, I burst out laughing at a funny part in one scene, turned to my wife and she instantly burst into laughter as well!  I tell you, it was like a shot in the arm!  It was just what I needed to boost my faith as the “old Piper” came to view!  It was just like Malachi 4:2 and those “fearing my name (that)… shall leap as young calves from out of bonds (of sickness and disease).” (Apostolic Bible Polyglot – Greek translation of the OT)
This is that same Word that I spoke of yesterday that was there “in the beginning, was with God… and was God.” (God’s Word ©)  John also mentioned that “with this Word, God created all things.” (CEV)  And as far as I know, it is just as powerful and creative today as it was back then. (See Hebrews 13:8)
So my advice to each of you is to speak the powerful truths of His Word into the situations of your life on a daily basis.  Then let its power change and empower you!  I can’t think of a better way to be happy, confident and blessed… can you?  Wouldn’t it be funny if you suddenly leaped and jumped for joy at work… in the middle of the store your shopping at… or as you walked across that busy thoroughfare in your hometown?  You’d definitely have the people’s attention when they asked why you did it!
Have a happy, leaping for joy day today!  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What or Whom am I expecting (to leap for) today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.