Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Keep Smiling!


Over the last couple of days I have come to realize that Luke 4:14 can be one of the most powerful scriptures in your devil busting arsenal of personal weapons!  In this verse Luke tells us how “Jesus returned (from His wilderness experience) in the power of the Spirit into Galilee.” (KJV)  In the beginning of this chapter we see how He was filled with the Spirit before His season in the desert, but after the experience He came out loaded to the brim with the very POWER of the Spirit emanating from Him!
The People’s New Testament makes an interesting comment concerning this account declaring that: “To conquer evil always lifts to a higher power.”  This is an important fact to remember as we walk out each day of our lives.  I have heard it taught from many pulpits through the years that “through great battles come great victories!”  In other words, you can’t have a victory without a fight!  And when facing a battle or when in the midst of a tough time, it is good for us to remember how Jesus came out on the other end of His first recorded battle with the forces of evil much stronger than when He went in!  After exercising what He already had in Him, it was developed into a decisive force and/or weapon.
All He, like we are to do, is to stand strong on the Word of God and “fight the good fight of faith.” (I Timothy 6:12)  And it gets even better yet… We can go into the battle KNOWING that we ALREADY have the victory!!  In John 16:33 Jesus encourages us by telling us that “I’ve told you this so that my peace will be with you.  In the world you’ll have trouble.  But cheer up!  I have overcome the world.” (God’s Word ©)
Knowing the example of Jesus’ victory in the desert while under the full attack of the devil himself, along with the encouragement of what Jesus has ALREADY provided for us, should be all that we need to stand strong through the seasons of temptation, persecution, sickness and other troubles that come to us in this life.  I am the type of individual who likes to know as much as I can BEFORE I go into a new situation.  And this information is just what I need to know as I weather the storms of life!
I love that part of John 16:33 where we are told to “Cheer up!”  I can’t think of anything better than being able to face the attacks of the devil with a great big smile on my face!  It’s gotta drive him crazy knowing that we can still smile BECAUSE we know the outcome before the battle begins!  Have a great day today.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting TO SMILE about today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.