Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, January 27, 2014

Decide!


“I have decided to follow Jesus;
     I have decided to follow Jesus;
     I have decided to follow Jesus;
    No turning back, no turning back.

 
  The cross before me, the world behind me;
  The cross before me, the world behind me;
  The cross before me, the world behind me;
  No turning back, no turning back.” * 
 

While I was studying from the book of Proverbs over the weekend and again this morning, I kept hearing the Lord telling me to “Always be aware of our positions.  Keep our positions in the correct order.” 
Proverbs 3:5-6 in the Message Bible instructs us to:
“Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
 don’t try to figure out everything on your own.   
 Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
 he’s the one who will keep you on track.”
 

Throughout the writing of the various blog posts last week, I was continually reminded of the things that had been said and done against me and my wife over the last four years as we have faced the battle for her health.  On Saturday I suddenly thought about St Paul’s words when he was under some of the worst persecutions he had endured.  In 2 Corinthians 12:9 he stated that in the midst of his anguish and prayers over the situation “the Lord said, ‘My grace is all you need.  Only when you are weak can everything be done completely by my power.’  Then he went on to say, “So I will gladly boast about my weaknesses.  Then Christ’s power can stay in me.” (Easy-to- Read Version)
As I meditated on Paul’s words, I could fully appreciate and understand where he was coming from!  Then I realized that the persecution that we had endured acted as a catalyst to knock the me down enough so that Christ in me could rise to the top!  It is almost like I should thank the people for their accusations as it worked out for my good!  This experience made me make sure that I was in the right position with Jesus.  Him in the front, and me behind, intently listening and watching His every word and move!  Many of the things that were said were so outrageous that I couldn’t possibly figure it out on my own.  All I could do was to listen for His voice in the things we needed to do, and in the places we needed to go.  And I am so thankful that He has kept us on the right track!
When I found myself under attack and was bewildered and weak, He became and continues to be my strength.  We had made a decision early on that we were going to follow Jesus and that there was to be no turning back!  Well, we got tested, hung in there and He proved, once again, to be faithful and true to His loving and redeeming word!
So through my personal experience, I can concur completely with the Apostle Paul when he declared “So if Christ keeps giving me his power, I will gladly brag about how weak I am.” (Contemporary English Version)  Hummmm… works for me.  How about you?  Have a wonderful week.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

 PS:  You can click on one of the videos in the sidebar and sing along with them... and make the same decision we have!

 

*Attributed to: Sundar Singh / Folk melody from India / Public Domain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.