Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Friday, August 16, 2013

The Real McCoy

According to Wikipedia’s online encyclopedia, the term “The real McCoy” is an idiom or metaphor used in much of the English-speaking world to mean “the real thing” or the “genuine” article.  As I read from Ephesians chapter five this morning, my attention was peaked from the very first verse were the writer encourages us to “Imitate God, since you are the children he loves.”  (God’s Word ©) From there it goes on to discourage us from living the type of lives we might have pursued that were opposite to those as prescribed in the Word before our conversions to Christianity.  Then the clincher comes in verse eight were it says: “…but NOW the Lord has filled you with light.  Live as children who have light.” (God’s Word ©) 

This scripture especially caught my eye due to a particular verse that my wife and I have been confessing over her.  It is found in Isaiah 58:8 and declares “Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and you will heal quickly.” (God’s Word ©)  One morning during my study time a month or so ago, the Lord gave me a specific analogy between my wife’s healing manifestation and the picture that this portion of scripture paints in the mind of the reader.
As I have mentioned recently, a normal summer weather pattern for our locale (because of our proximity to the coast) is for an early foggy overcast that burns off by late morning or sometimes persists until the afternoon.  The Lord showed me that this is similar to what this verse is describing and is happening in Piper as the fog that has penetrated her mind will eventually burn off as “the Sun of Righteousness shall arise (within her) with healing in his wings” (Malachi 4:2 KJV/MKJV), burning off the fog of confusion and forgetfulness!
You see, the Son is the “light” that we NOW have inside of us!  Vincent’s Word Studies says that this “light” isn’t just a reflection of the light, but THE LIGHT himself!  So just as we believe that His light is burning off the fog of this disease from inside of my wife, it also acts as a bright light that shines forth through you and me to a hungry, questioning and hurting world.  And that is what hit me this morning… We are “the real McCoy’s!”  We are not an expensive imitation, but the real, genuine article.  You and I are bonified, purchased with the most expensive price, carriers of the Lord Jesus Christ!
When you and I step out the door in the morning, it is as if HE is stepping out the door!  Kinda jerks your chain doesn’t it?  So for my way of thinking… I’d better start acting more like Him.  As I’ve heard it said many times… “You may be the ONLY Jesus that someone may ever see in this world!”  So, like Jesus said when He was walking the earth, I guess I’d best be about my Father’s business!
Think about that this weekend.  Remember, you ARE the real McCoy!  You are Jesus to your family, your co-workers, your school mates, your neighbors and to those you pass by at the store, on the street, at church and when you’re on social media sites.  I want to make sure that the LIGHT in me helps to burn off the fog in others’ lives!  How about you?  Have a terrific weekend!  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What LIGHT am I expecting TO BRING FORTH today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.