Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Filling Station

When I went in to wake up my wife this morning, she was laying with head in her hand on the pillow.  As I knelt down at her side and spoke to her… okay I not only spoke but I sang a few “Good Morning” choruses to her as well, I noticed that the light from the window to her right was being reflected in the diamond on her wedding ring.  (the same ring I purchased with my mom from a long departed jewelry store in downtown Santa Rosa in the summer of 1973)  With our proximity to the coast, it was a typical foggy summer morning here in Northern California, so it wasn’t the sun that was being reflected but the brightness bouncing off the cloud cover!  It is not unusual to go spend the day on one of our county beaches on an overcast day and still come home red as a beet!

What was different this morning though was that the light reflecting off the large diamond on the engagement ring that is set between two smaller ones on the wedding band seemed to be blinking!  This caused me to stop talking and touch her hand to see if she was shaking, which she wasn’t, and then bend over and look up out the partially opened blinds to see if anything was blinking outside.  After looking all around I deduced that there was nothing unusual going on to cause the phenomenon, but yet the diamond seemed to be blinking on and off!
After having just read a section in the new book I am reading (Signs, Wonders and a Baptist Preacher by Chad Norris) on how God’s supernatural should be natural to Christians, I leaned back on my knees and said, “Okay Lord, what are you trying to show me?”  And being the extremely sensitive to the voice of God individual that I am… I heard absolutely NOTHING!  So I just stared at the light that continued to blink and then started reading aloud from a couple of pages of healing scriptures to my wife.
As I personalized the verses so it was like the Lord was speaking directly to and about Piper, I began to sense His presence in and around her.  It was then that the meaning of the light dawned on me.  It was as if the Lord was giving me a visible window into His working on the inside of her in providing a healing and a cure.  I suddenly recalled a conversation with our last Pastor when he was talking about all the WORD that Piper has inside of her.  That WORD along with the new additions we were adding this morning are “spirit and life” (John 6:63) to her!  Maybe… just maybe… that light that seemed to be blinking on her wedding ring wasn’t a reflection from the light outside our window, but the light of His life that is working inside of her!
Is that light blinking from the inside of you today?  Are you continually filling up on His light of life that works on the inside of you when you need it… or are you running on empty?  Maybe its time to stop at the filling station.  Have a great day.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.