Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, August 12, 2013

Good Job!

Have you ever had one of those moments in time when you knew that God spoke to your heart.  That for one fleeting tick of the clock you felt the warmth and tingling of His presence about you and heard His tender words uttered specifically to you?  I experienced one of those times yesterday.  I had just hung up the phone after talking to my son.  During our call he told me about a conversation that someone close to him recently had with another relative.  That conversation had been similar to one of a few I had had with that same individual concerning some decisions I had made for the care of my wife. 

Although this recent conversation was on a totally different subject, the course and results of the experience with the recipient of the call where almost identical to mine.  When I clicked off my cell phone and paused for a moment I felt the presence of the Lord and His confirmation that I had heard Him correctly a few years back, stayed the path He had directed me to follow and was not acting irresponsibly.  (Actually I heard the words “you’re not stupid!”)  His subtle meaning was that the problem was with the other individual and not with me.  It was one of those times when I felt overwhelmed with God’s love for me and stood there with tears forming in my eyes, able to do nothing but humbly say, “Thank you Lord!”
I thought about this again as I sleepily gazed at my open bible early this morning and read from Ephesians 5:1.  The bible was my God’s Word © modern translation and it read: “Imitate God, since you are the children He loves.”  The King James version says “as dear children”.  The word translated “dear” meaning, in the original language, “esteemed or favorite”  So think about that for a moment… According to this verse you and I are some of God’s favorite kids!  Wow!
I believe that this is why He took the time to touch my life yesterday with a quick but memorable confirmation of His love toward me!  He didn’t have to do that, but He did!  He knew the hard times we went through awhile back that were complicated by a few individual’s seemingly insensitive remarks and wanted to reassure me that obedience to Him is always the correct thing to do.  Now, I’m not implying that I did everything perfect, but I gave it my best effort and believe that this is what He desired to confirm yesterday!
Romans 8:1 tells us that “There is therefore NOW NO condemnation to those which are in Christ Jesus.”* (KJV)  The key here being “in” Christ Jesus.  In other words toward Believers.  While the world may want to condemn you for mistakes (or what they think are mistakes), God with His unconditional love and actions of grace loves you anyway!  He knows your heart, honors your faith and gives you a hand to help you through the tough times.
That’s the God I serve, how about you?  The One who cares about you enough to put His arm around you in the middle of the afternoon and say: “You done good kid!”  Kinda makes you want to do more for Him doesn’t it!  Have a great week everyone!  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

 

 

*  It is interesting to note that the rest of that verse that adds stipulations to the initial statement are not in the earliest and most reliable of the original manuscripts.  They seemed to have been added by translators in order to clarify the verse according to their own understanding… not by God’s unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.