Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Goodness!

I found myself sitting at our kitchen table this morning with my eyes fixed on the beauty of the frosting of colors that topped many of the potted plants on the deck outside the window before me.  It was as if I was gazing on the glory and the goodness of our God.  As I sat there lost in the sights before me, I could not help but thank the Lord for all the blessings that He has showered on us over the last few weeks.  I have seen His hand upon us almost every day over that period of time. And yesterday was no different.

Being as it was my wife’s birthday, it was an exploration of wonderful remembrances of times past with an excited expectation for future adventures in the fullness of life that our loving heavenly Father has promised us.  It was a day and night where we got to experience Christian love on a first hand basis.  A good friend of mine and his church reached out to us by providing a way for me to attend the men’s bible study at their fellowship.  We were able to bring in a talented and vibrant young women to care for my wife at our home while I was gone.
Needless to say, I was tempted to be a little nervous about the situation, but had placed the whole thing into God’s hands, and well… the whole evening could not have gone better for either of us!  My time with the group of brothers was like a touch of heaven to me!  It felt so right and comfortable to be with them.  The Word, the conversation and the fellowship was wonderful!  Then when I returned home you could sense the joy of the Lord that filled our house!
My wife and our new Christian friend hit it off like old buddies!  And this morning when we got up my wife was smiling, fairly alert and steady on her feet.  It was easy to tell that it was an event, which we plan on repeating, that was orchestrated by the Lord!
You know, we might be going through the roughest patch in our life, but I am thankful for all the little miracles that vividly demonstrate the goodness of the Lord in our daily walk.  Let’s face it.  We live in a world where bad things sometimes happen to good people.  And while we cannot always explain the reasons or have all the answers, we can still trust in the One who gives us His love and His peace in the midst of the trials and tribulations.
It is important to keep your focus on Him, to celebrate the victories of each day, no matter how small or insignificant they may be, and to rejoice in His goodness.  No matter where I am or what I may be going through, I always expect His best and you know… I am very seldom disappointed!
How about you?  Are you expecting His best in whatever you’re going through today?  Maybe you can’t figure out the why’s of the situation, but you can KNOW that your trust in Him will result in His goodness being demonstrated for you in the midst of the storm!  Have a GREAT day.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.