Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Saturday, February 3, 2024

SUPERMAN

I’m not totally sure why, but I have been seeing many posts on my Facebook feed from a Classic TV/SUPERMAN group.  Many of the pictures and comments reference the 1950’s TV series staring George Reeves in the title role.  I do remember watching the show when I was a kid, but I would assume that it was reruns as the program went off the air in 1958 when I was still pretty young.  I have to admit though… that even back then, I had a difficult time trying to figure out how Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane never realized that Clark Kent was SUPERMAN… especially since the only disguise he wore were his black rimmed glasses?

But I digress… What I do fondly remember about the show was how SUPERMAN calmly stood on the window sill of Clark’s office, many floors up in the skyscraper Daily Planet building, bent his knees and was seemingly CATAPULTED off into the sky on his way to save a damsel in distress.

That picture and the idea of being CATAPULTED from one place to another came to mind as I continued my study in the Word that had branched off from I Peter 1:8, where Peter, in speaking of Jesus, wrote to the believers in various provinces of the Roman Empire declaring,

“Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see Him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy UNSPEAKABLE and full of glory!” (KJV)

Mounce Concise Greek-English Dictionary defines the word “unspeakable” as “ineffable” which the Oxford Online Dictionary describes as “too great or extreme to be expressed or described in words.”

As I thought about that definition, I began to understand that amongst other things, Peter was telling his readers that there is a level of JOY that needs to take the worshipper to the end of their words and CATAPULT them into the fullness of God’s words.  I also saw Peter’s words as an encouragement telling us that that process is a good one to follow whenever the situations in our lives take an upside down turn for us.

One thing that I have learned through the years, is that the sooner I can stop thinking or talking about the things happening in my life from a natural standpoint and begin to see them and then talk about them from the viewpoint of God’s Word… the BETTER it is… the sooner I can let God be God in the midst of my need!  For you see… God’s Word has it all!  Whatever we need in any situation, God’s Word has an answer for it!

John chapter one tells us that God’s Word has been with us from the very beginning of time, and that His word is the source of all life, and the light for anything that we may need illumination for.  I John chapter four informs us that God is Love.  Hebrews 4:12 lets us know that His Word is living and active and is able to discern a person’s thoughts and intents, while 2 Timothy 3:16 declares that,

Every Scripture passage is inspired by God. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval.”  (God’s Word ©) 

And then, if you still don’t believe me, there’s Jesus himself, who when praying to the Father before going to the cross, asked Him to set those of us who believe in Him apart from the ways of the world by saying,

“Sanctify them by Your TRUTH; Your Word is TRUTH.” (EMTV)

So… like my beloved wife always said, from a tender and child-like heart, “God said it, that settles it for me and therefore I believe it!”

I sure believe it… HOW ABOUT YOU? 

If you’re anything like me, then you are going to want to quickly get to the end of your words in the face of any situation and allow God to CATAPULT you into the fullness of His truthful and powerful words.  Wouldn’t you rather face life as a SUPERMAN or SUPERWOMAN by speaking what God’s Word say about your circumstances… rather than having your own words working against you?

Have a wonderful weekend.  I would encourage you to take some time away in prayer and ask the Lord to show you ways in which you can incorporate the working of His Word into the various areas of your life.  I guarantee that it will make a noticeable change for the positive for you and yours!

We not only have rain forecast for the weekend… but we also had a 5.1 EARTHQUAKE last night!  I really thought that when we left California, that we had left those things behind… but… I guess not!  PRAISE THE LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.