Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, March 16, 2020

"It's Okay!"


I was walking my dog to the neighborhood pond and playground over the weekend and all the conditions were ripe for him to have a tough time… Let me explain.  On the way to the park, we have to walk behind a row of homes that back up to the golf course we live next to.  Each of these houses have decorative chain link fencing in order to give the owners a view of the golf course.  The only down side is that the majority of these houses have dogs that reside in their yards… and most of them have more than one family pet.  And you guessed it.  When we go by, they all bark at Fiver and I!

On this particular walk, besides the barking dogs, there was a plentitude of golfers enjoying their sport and then to add to the confusion, a 14 mph north east wind was blowing.  The strong wind along with the distraction of the dogs and golfers caused the Aussie part of Fiver to become very anxious.  So, for the entire walk I found myself gently and calmly reassuring my 65 lb bundle of energy, telling him that “It’s Okay!” with an occasional “Good Boy!” mixed in. 

At one point I had to stop and laugh as I thought back over the last twelve years of my life and tried to recall just how many times, I had said that phrase “It’s Okay!”  You see, whenever Piper had an emergency situation l would sooth her and love on her by holding her hand, look deep into her beautiful brown eyes and softly tell her that “It was Okay”... and that I was right there with her.  

I had promised her very early on as we began what became her final journey in this world, that I would always be there for her, and never leave her side.  The thought of leaving her in the care of someone else, besides me, for an hour or two while I ran an errand (which only happened a handful of times) was very revolting to me.  While we hung on the Word of the Lord where He promised us that He would never neglect us or abandon us (Joshua 1:5)  I also assured her that, to the best of my ability, I would do the same for her. 

This all came back to me this morning when I sat down in my new study to read my Bible.  While sitting there at my desk, my phone kept ringing message alerts about some new terrible news about the affects of the Corona Virus in our local community, our country and across the world.  My first thought as I looked over at the phone was… and again you probably guessed it…  I softly spoke the words, this time to myself, “It’s Okay!” 

Depending on who you’re listening to… you’re either going to live in fear, move to Montana and live in a cave until this is all over or you are going to trust in the Lord, use good common sense to take care of yourself and go on living your life!  I choose the later of those two plans!  How about you? 

I heard four different Pastors yesterday, teach on the positive and powerful affects of prayer and trusting in God and His Word during this pandemic.  It really bothers me when I see posts on social media that openly criticize men and women of God who have been reassuring us with the Biblically based truths of God’s protection for those of us who stand in faith against the effects of this virus and actively believe for God’s protection. (See: Psalm 91)  And what makes it worse is that some of these posts were written by people who claim to be Christians.  There’s something wrong here folks?  Either you believe the Word of God or you don’t.  In my way of thinking… there is no middle ground.

Hebrews 11:1 in The Passion Translation of the Bible makes it simple by explaining that, “Now faith brings our hopes (or better said, ‘expectations’) into reality and becomes the foundation needed to acquire the things we long (or actively believe) for. It is all the evidence required to prove what is still unseen.”  In other words… When you actively believe His promises… “It’s gonna be OKAY!”

So, what are you going to believe?  The barrage of FEAR that we are being inundated with by the mainstream media or the truth of God’s Word, working together with your good common sense, healthy sanitary practices and a positive attitude?  Just think about it… and for good measure, remember this truth: “The LORD is my light and my salvation. Who is there to fear? The LORD is my life's fortress. Who is there to be afraid of?” (Psalm 27:1 God’s Word ©) 

I might even suggest that you write that verse out and tape it to the mirror in your bathrooms and on the door of your refrigerator!  Then READ it and SAY it until it becomes a part of you!  I’ve seen enough of the super-natural workings of God through my active belief in His Word to NEVER doubt one word He says… and you can too!

Have a great week.  Trust in Him, and as you do keep saying, “It’s gonna be Okay, for I am expecting the Lord to be my light and my salvation today!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.