Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Fogged In


Have you ever wondered what your purpose in life is?  I have pondered this question many times over the years and for the most part, have been very satisfied with the direction of our busy lives with the raising of four wonderful children, active ministry with the youth of the day and visions of a bright future.  I have to admit though, over the last few weeks I have had some questions about where all this is leading with the current turn of events concerning the attack on my wife’s health.
Recently those visions that I once saw clearly have begun to get a little muddled under the strain of the detour we have been on.  Let me interject here, that I have always been a positive person with an optimistic point of view.  The glass is always half full, never half empty!  That view hasn’t changed, but it’s been just like a typical day on the northern California coast when a patch of fog suddenly blows in and temporarily blocks the clear blue sky!  You know it will dissipate almost as suddenly as it appeared, but for the moment you’re needing to take off your sun glasses, put on a sweater and maybe even turn on a light in the house!
While I pondered all this again this morning, I opened up my Bible once more to 2 Corinthians chapter three and read from The Message paraphrase version.  A couple of phrases from verses 3 & 4 stood out as I perused the words on the page.  “That you (are) written by Christ himself for God… You are a letter written by Christ…”
That truth acted like the beam of the sun breaking through that fog on the beach of my mind!  My life is being written by Jesus Himself.  He is the author and director of my life!  I may not be able to currently see where the road is leading us, but I am to keep my total and unswerving trust in the integrity of the GPS of His Word and His Spirit!
Then I picked up a new book I am reading entitled, “Surprised by the Voice of God” by Jack Deere and continued to read where I had left off over the weekend.  The chapter was called “Jesus and the Voice of God” and it described the important role of the Holy Spirit in the introduction of Jesus to the world beginning with an old priest named Zechariah.  The author told of Luke’s declaration of the angel’s words when he explained God’s plan to a young teenage girl ending with “nothing is impossible with God.”  Rev. Deere then wrote that “These words would become the motto of Jesus’ ministry and later, the motto of the New Testament Church” (page 37).
When I put the modern rendition of 2 Corinthians 3:3-4 together with the thoughts of the author of my new book, I rapidly understood what the Lord was trying to convey to me.  Jesus is still in the driver’s seat of my wife’s and my life and even though I can’t see too far ahead, He does!  His overall plan for us is still very much on track and He will see to its completion, no matter what miraculous events it may take along the way.  He’s still got a plan for us and somehow North Carolina is an integral part of that plan!  My job is to stay in faith, to keep my expectations high and to NEVER give up on Him or on my wife!
Have you ever been down that foggy road before?  Maybe you’re there right now.  Well, your answer is the same as mine.  Stop focusing on what you can’t see and refocus your total attention on Him for He is the ONLY One who will get you to where He wants (and needs) you to be!  That revelation brings instant peace and renews the passion for life!  Have a great day.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.