Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Singing a Different Tune...

I had to laugh this morning as I read through some of the headline articles reporting on the results of last night’s World Series game.  Yesterday most of the reporters had written off the Giants as a viable contestant to face the Detroit Tigers.  Most of those articles were written by sports writers from large newspapers or news organizations from outside of California.  Today those same writers were reporting on the strength of the pitching and hitting from the players on the Giants.  It was funny to me how the story suddenly flipped when the Giants faced the one individual who has been called the best pitcher in the baseball today and hit just about everything he threw at them.

Now I am not writing this to cast a stone at the Detroit Tigers.  I am writing this to make a point at how fast people’s complaints or line of thinking can change in the face of hard evidence.  It reminds me of our walk as Christians that very often goes against the current that most others follow.  In Psalm 91:4 the psalmist proclaimed that “His truth is your shield and armor.”  (God’s Word ©)  Jesus said that “I am the way, the truth, and the life.”  (John 14:6 God’s Word ©)  That tells me that the way of the Word is the best and only successful path to follow, and on top of that, it is the safest way to live as well!

People who don’t understand these truths will question the way you and I live.  Most will tend to do it quietly, but then there are those, many times those who are close to us, who take it upon themselves to “set us straight” and will be quite vocal about it.  But just as the sports writers demonstrated today, their tune will change when they see the fruit of your faith!  The few individuals, who are close to my wife and I, who had become the most adamant detractors to the decisions that I had made in the initial care of my wife, are now extremely friendly and agreeable with us and act as though nothing had ever been said.  Time has proven our leadings from the Lord to be true and successful for us, and because of what they now see, they are in agreement with us.

My point?  Stick to your guns!  That is to your stand that is based on the truth and protection of God’s Word.  Psalm 91 begins by declaring that “Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.”  It then concludes by stating “I will protect those who trust in my name…I will rescue them and honor them.”  (Psalm 91:1, 14-15 NLT)  So don’t allow yourself to be put off by those who don’t understand your trust and commitment to the Word of our heavenly Father.  Find your rest in His truth and then you’ll see His honor come upon you when the manifestation of your faith comes to light.  Have a great Thursday.  Stay in tune to His Word, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.