Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Celebration Day!


Getting up this morning was more than just a little bit difficult as I finally turned out the light last night as the hands on the clock in our bedroom were heading toward 1:30 AM!  I was just about ready to hit the hay about 10:00 PM but could not break away from the exciting events that kept occurring during the 7th and final game of the World Series.  Besides, these were my San Francisco Giants and after diligently sticking with them throughout the year and paying extra for the MLB package on Directv so that I could watch their every game from out here on the East Coast, I had to see this season through to the end… and it was worth every moment!
As the final innings wore on, I found myself energized and even my wife who had been snoozing next to me on the couch woke up and got caught up in the excitement!   Needless to say, after the Giants finally won 3-2 over the Kansas City Royals, I was totally caught up in the moment and had to watch all the post-game events, interviews and the game recap.  Then after I finally helped Piper into bed, I laid down next to her wide awake and stared at the ceiling as the evening’s rush pulsated throughout my being!
After dragging myself from the warmth and comfort of the sheets this morning, I began to feel re-energized as I started thinking on and uttering my thanksgivings unto God for all His goodness and hands-on guidance of Piper’s and my lives over the last five years!  I am not sure why I was thinking along those lines this morning, but all the successful directions He had led us with, even in the face of some severe opposition, came flooding into my mind as I got dressed, prepared a fresh pot of coffee and sat down at my laptop.
Even though I talk about it all the time, I still find myself amazed at how much Papa God loves us and desires to help us to succeed in our daily lives.  And while I know that there are those who have and probably will continue to point out what they consider to be the “gross mistakes” we have made in our lives, I tend to lean toward Papa God’s thoughts on our (not always perfect) obedience to Him and the plans He unfolds to us.  It is obvious to me that His way works!  I would venture to say that you have most likely also found that to be true in your life!
I was led this morning to John 10:7-10 when Jesus told His followers: “I am telling you the truth: I am the gate for the sheep.  All others whom came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep didn’t listen to them.  I am the gate.  Those who come in by me will be saved; they will come in and go out and find pasture.  The thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy.  I have come in order that you might have life – life in all its fullness.” (Good News Bible)  As I studied His words, I began to thank Papa God that I did not follow any other words but those that He spoke to Piper’s and my hearts as we began and have walked the rocky road of the path we currently find ourselves on.  He is the ONLY one who could foresee what was ahead and make a way for us to get to where we are today.  If we had followed the path directed by human reasoning we surely would have been robbed of the blessings that God has had for us along the way.
Isaiah 26:3 reports that “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed (or single-minded) on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” (KJV)  the Greek translation of this verse talks of the one who is “taking hold of truth and guarding peace.” (Apostolic Bible Polyglot)  “Taking hold” meaning “to partake of the benefits of the services rendered…” (Thayer’s)  We have come to learn that His benefits that are rendered to those who listen to, obey and do His will, far outshine and far out last any of the so-called natural benefits that come within the intellect of human reasoning!  I’ve discovered most times that human reasoning (that is contrary to God’s directions) comes disguised as a thief and robber that will ultimately attempt to steal, kill and/or destroy you!
I am so thankful for the love, peace, patience and joy that accompany our diligent pursuit of His goals and purposes for us!  I would think that you are as well, as He has ONLY the BEST in mind for you!  Have a great day today and join in with the Giant’s celebration of their victory by celebrating the many victories that Papa God has given you!  Continue to stay in tune to His Word and keep asking yourself… “What GOOD THINGS am I expecting to celebrate as I follow Him today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.