Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Monday, April 23, 2012

Put That In Your Pipe...

In Isaiah 43:26 the Lord says to “Put me in remembrance…”  So in obedience to that word   this morning, I began to go through my Bible and point out to the Lord the various things that He has said concerning my wife’s total and complete healing.  On the way to Psalm 118:17 where the Lord has promised that she will not die but live “and tell what the Lord has done” (God’s Word ©) I stopped and read aloud from the previous two verses saying:

“The sound of joyful singing and victory
 is heard in the tents of righteous people.

 The right hand of the Lord displays strength
 The right hand of the Lord is held high
 The right hand of the Lord displays strength.” *

My immediate thought as I completed reading this section was “why?”  Why is there joyful singing “in the tents” (or as we would probably say today ‘in the houses’) of righteous people?”  Well, the next three lines (combined with a little New Testament insight) explain the reaction…

According to Ephesians 2:4-6 “God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.  (KJV) So, if you put that bit of information together with the scriptures in Psalm 118:15-16, you will come to realize that the “joyful singing and victory” is due to the fact that our hand is that right hand that is “displaying strength” and that which is “held high” in victory.

As Christ is now seated at the right hand of the Lord, so are we!  As born again Christians we hold that same place of authority as Jesus!  Whew!  Now that’s something to shout about!  It doesn’t matter what’s going on around your house, you have the strength to stand against it and overcome it, and all the while singing joyfully with songs of victory!

I’m not sure if that comes as a shock to your system and/or beliefs or not, but the Bible is quite clear about it!  Like I said to my wife yesterday as we were confessing some scriptures, “Put that in your pipe and smoke it!  Then I burst out laughing as I thought of how prophetic that saying is as I will sometimes loving refer to my wife whose name is Piper simply as “Pipe.”  You see, as she allows those healing scriptures to burn deeply within her, she will definitely end up smoking the lies of the devil concerning the sickness that he has tried to put on her!  Whoa! Glory!

So think on these truths as you bring God’s victory into every area of your lives this week!  Stay in tune to His word, and keep asking yourself… “What am I expecting today?”


PS:  If you read last Friday's blog, you'll be happy to know that my Dad did NOT break his hip.  It was just a bruise - PTL!

* Psalm 118:15-16 God’s Word ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.