Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Only 4 More Days...

Wow… counting today there are only four more days until the end of the year!  To me 2011 has literally flown by!  I can’t get over the fact that it is the end of December already.  My mind and body (as evident by the t- shirt and shorts that I’m wearing!) are still lounging around in the July timeframe!  The warm, dry weather that we have been experiencing here in northern California helps, but I’m sure you understand what I’m trying to say!

As I was sleepily lying in bed this morning, my mind wandered off from the idea of getting up to the perfect sacrifice that Jesus was for mankind.  That makes for quite a diversity in subjects doesn’t it!  The main focus of my thoughts centered on Jesus’ perfectly unblemished human form in the same order that the sacrificial lambs were demanded to be by the law.  From there I saw the holes in His hands and side as well as the stripes on His back.

Then it hit me…  Jesus’ body was permanently scarred for the forgiveness of my sins and for the redemption of my soul and the health of my body!  (see I Peter 1:19 and I Peter 2:24)  I have to tell you, that was a sobering thought in which to start one’s day! It didn’t take much effort to get up at that point and go right down to my study to begin looking at the writer of the book of Hebrews in-depth explanation of the subject of Jesus as the perfect sacrifice.

I would imagine that it was God’s perfect timing in the bringing of that particular subject to my mind as we prepare to close the books on another year.  For me the realization of what Jesus did will cause me to look back at 2011 through His eyes of love and grace.  To dwell on the good things, the expectations that were met and the grace that was given instead of holding on to the hurtful words and actions that occurred. 

It is also a call as to how we should come to expect the events that will unfold in 2012.  It kind of forces one to put on a whole new and highly expectant set of glasses from which to see the coming year.  It makes one remember that He already carries the scars of our past, so why should we!

Jesus’ actions of love that began in a tiny manger and ended at His assumption to the throne of God over 2000 years ago is the current power source for us to excitedly expect the best in the coming year.  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What GREAT THINGS am I expecting today (and in the New Year)?”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.