Spring 2023 has sprung in Broken Arrow, OK

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cool and Crisp

I have always enjoyed the fresh, cool crispness of the early morning hours.  During this time of the year the cool is beginning to get down right cold!  But it is still wonderful!  Today as I bounded down the stairs from our loft, I took particular interest in the frost that covered all the rooftops around our home and I was glad that I didn’t depend on last night’s weather forecast and had covered our flowering plants in the patio!

The still of the morning is one of my favorite times of the day.  I especially enjoy it when we go camping.  I love to get up before anyone in the camp is stirring, and try (usually without succeeding) to get some coffee brewing without clanking pots and utensils so as to wake up the others still snoozing.  Then when the coffee is done, there is nothing like sitting under the tall trees with a cup of coffee warming my hands and just absorbing all the beauty of nature surrounding me!  This ecstasy comes to a climax a short while later when the first rays of sunshine come peeking over the mountain tops (or through the trees, depending where the campsite is located) and the warmth of their glow slowly removes the chill in the air where I am seated.

To me, spending time in God’s Word is just like one of those amazing mornings at camp.  There is an uncanny cool freshness that saturates my being when I read those first few introductory verses in the still of the morning, or for that matter, at any time when I open up my Bible!  His word brings the calming, crisp air of His love into the midst of whatever I am experiencing at the moment.  Like those first rays of sun breaking over the mountains, His words draw the warmth of His peace into my heart.  It is an event that brings a balance into my life, and it is even better than my mornings in the mountains, because I don’t have to wait until a particular time of day to experience it!  His peace is available to me and to you 24/7!

So the next time your life is in the midst of an uproar, take a time out, grab your Bible and allow the fresh, cool crispness of His words to rejuvenate and fortify your being with "the peace of God which surpasses all understanding." (Philippians 4:7 King James Version)  This peace brings an instant calm to the storms that arise around you.  Stay tuned and keep asking yourself… “What Cool and Crispness am I expecting today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.