My Tennessee family and I went out to a casual dinner last night at a farm called Breeden’s Orchard, out here on the outskirts of Mt Juliet.* It would seem that their specialty is all things apple, but I also noticed groves of peaches and other fruit trees on the vast property. The location reminded me of the old Twin Hill Ranch in the hills by the little town of Sebastopol near our hometown in northern California, on the way out to the coast. It looked like it, felt like it… but I would have to admit… didn’t smell like it. In its location near the coast, Sebastopol has a unique fragrance with hints of ocean breezes, the orchards, fog and the surrounding Redwoods!
I enjoyed
watching all the families that filled the place. It most definitely had a friendly atmosphere
as the adults and kids enjoyed the various activities available along side the shops,
live music, small restaurant and the onsite Friday Night Market. I will assuredly return… when it’s less
crowed… to purchase some of the unique apple products and merchandise that
they have on hand.
This has been a
busy week for me as I had a lot of different activities on my “To-Do”
list to accomplish. I even had my annual
eye exam and finally ordered some new prescription sun
glasses. I realized that my current pair
is at least ten years old, having got them way back when we lived in North
Carolina… and even though my eyesight hasn’t changed that much… it will
be nice to see things more clearly!
I discovered
during my morning walk earlier in the week, that I was having to deal with some
anxious thoughts about all the new things that were filling my upcoming
calendar. This may sound silly…
but I still have a difficult time figuring out just who I am, in this season
of my life, without my sweet wife Piper at my side. But as I walked around the back portion
of the complex, I had a startling revelation that made me pause on the path and
consider a very familiar verse of scripture from Philippians 4:13 where Paul wrote…
and I personalized for myself and declared…
“I can do all things through
Christ who strengthens me.” (EMTV)
And then as I
stood there for a moment thinking about that verse and its meaning to me, I heard
myself saying aloud:
“As a
Christian, I don’t
have the RIGHT, the RESPONSIBILITY nor the AUTHORITY to be anxious about
anything, because the Word tells me that ‘I CAN-DO and I CAN-HAVE all things
through Christ who strengthens me!’” **
But what I DO
have is the RIGHT, the RESPONSIBILITY and the AUTHORITY
of God’s Word to NOT BE ANXIOUS about anything because Jesus
has commanded me and all Christians to,
“Be ANXIOUS FOR NOTHING,
but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, (to) present your
requests to God.” (Philippians 4:6 / BSB)
With the promised
corresponding following result
“That God’s peace, which
goes beyond anything we can imagine, will (then) guard your thoughts and
emotions through Christ Jesus.” (Philippians
4:7 / God’s Word ©)
Wow!
Think about the effect that walking in that truth can mean in YOUR
life! It’s one of the foundational
truths that we looked at last week that can cause us to,
“Consider it pure JOY, my
brothers (and sisters), when you encounter trials of many kinds…” (James 1:2 / BSB)
The daily TRIALS
that we encounter in life… when we give them to the Lord and fight them in HIS
heavenly courts… are covered under the laws of HIS truth as
found in His Word and thereby demonstrate the RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITY
and AUTHORITY that are given to us as members of the Royal
Family of God!***
Knowing that we
have RIGHTS, RESPONSIBILITIES and AUTHORITY
that is backed by the TRUTH of God’s Word can and should
make us approach the events of our daily lives with a whole new level of excitement,
adventure, expectation and determination!
Wouldn’t
you agree?
Remember that
Jesus prayed to His father before He went to the cross and asked Him
“to sanctify or set-apart those
of us who are Born-again Christians by the TRUTH (and then declared that) THY WORD
is TRUTH!” (John 17:17 / KJV)
And… just before He left this world and was
ascended up into heaven to sit at the right hand of God, He gave us the RIGHTS,
RESPONSIBILITY and the AUTHORITY to be His representatives here
on the earth!
WOW!
That reality
kinda stirs up a lot of positive and highly EXPECTANT
energy and excitement in me… HOW ABOUT
YOU?
Have a great
weekend. When I stepped out onto my balcony around
6:30 this morning it was in the 50’s with a light but totally refreshing
breeze! It looks like fall has finally
come upon middle Tennessee and I’m definitely ready for it
*https://www.breedensorchard.com/
** Also see
Paul’s additional statement a few verses down from this verse in Philippians
4:19
*** See Jesus’ GREAT COMISSION in Matthew
28:18-20 and Mark 16:15-20 where HE declared His Authority over everything in
heaven and earth and then conferred that Authority on us… His Body… in order to
be His living examples on this earth and to bring the Good News to the world
around us.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.