Spring 2024 has come upon us in Broken Arrow, OK

Saturday, September 14, 2024

Highlighted Words (that ignite your faith)

Have you ever seen the movie National Treasure?  There are various scenes throughout the intriguing movie where the main protagonist of the story must decipher various clues inscribed on ancient artifacts, scrolls, historical buildings or lost underground tunnels and caverns, in order to discover the hidden treasure that could reveal vast arrays of significant lost, historical information.

As the main character is examining the inscribed messages, the camera would highlight certain words in order to give the movie viewing audience an idea of what the actor is supposedly thinking.  I personally enjoyed those scenes as it challenged me to see if I could come up with the same conclusions that he did when he would turn to his crew to explain the hidden meanings and the next set of directions for the quest.

Well, I found myself in similar situations throughout this last week as I continued to study 2 Timothy 1:12 in many of the various Bible translations in my home library.  By Friday I had combined a couple of translations into this personalized version where Paul declared,

“The CONFIDENCE of my calling enables me to OVERCOME EVERY difficulty without blame or shame, for I have an intimate revelation of, as well as an intimate relationship with our God, and thereby KNOW Whom I have believed.  Therefore, MY FAITH in Him CONVINCES me that He is MORE THAN ABLE to keep all that I’ve placed in His hands SAFE and SECURE until the fullness of his appearing.” (TPT/KJV)

Similar to our hero in National Treasure, I have a preconceived idea of the specific treasure that I am looking for when I hunt through the coded writings that contain the history, stories and anointed messages in my Bible. 

I say “coded” because it is very difficult… if not impossible… to receive and understand the full truths found in your Bibles, without the direct assistance (and highlighting) of the Holy Spirit who lives in every born-again Christian.  Have you ever known or heard an unbeliever who openly declared that they read the Bible and were confused by it… or simply saw it as a book of outdated writings?  Well… that’s why!

So… When I step back and look at the highlighted words that I see in this verse (you may see many more highlighted words in this verse as well!) I can’t help but get a very exciting, stimulating and strengthening view of my God and of His ability to successfully lead and empower me through the activities of my daily life.

When I read and then study out the highlighted words that stood out to me of CONFIDENCE, OVERCOME, EVERY, KNOW, CONVINCES, MORE THAN ABLE, SAFE and SECURE and realize that it is all available to me through the active participation of MY FAITH… I can’t help but want to stand up and shout and tell everyone of the LOVE, PEACE and VICTORY that my God gives to me by the words I speak and the example I live in my daily life!

How About You?  Isn’t God Good!

I have to confess. That the more I read and study this verse, the more highlighted words I see! 

I’ve mentioned before that I always feel closest to my sweet wife who went to be home with the Lord six years ago, when I look through her different Bibles and see the various scriptures that she highlighted, underlined and/or circled.  Why?  Because it makes me see and feel the real Piper of my heart.  The words that excited her that she highlighted, were the characteristics of her FAITH in Christ that she lived before me in the privacy of our home… as well as in full view of the world… 24/7.

I can’t help but to get excited and see my personal faith grow on a daily basis when I read the words of, LOVE, POWER and overwhelming VICTORY that my God highlights for me each day in the pages of my Bible… Like I said before… Isn’t God Good!

Philippians 4:13 tells us that,

We can do all things THROUGH Christ who strengths us.” (KJV)

And you know what?  When I read and study the words that the Spirit highlights for me in my Bible… I can’t help but to agree and want to DO all things with Him!

Wouldn’t you agree with me?

Have a terrific weekend, keep looking for the words and characteristics of God that you see highlighted in your Bibles… and then share your JOY with everyone around you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed. Please keep them within the context and flavor of this blog.